become an editor
the entire directory
only in Diptera/Cecidomyiidae
Flora and Fauna
- Photographs of several flies in this family.
- Information from Wikipedia on this family of flies, commonly known as gall midges or gall gnats. Although tiny, many are economically significant pests of crops.
Contarinia sorghicola: Sorghum Midge
- Photograph of this insect and information on its hosts, symptoms, life cycle and description.
Dasineura oxycoccana: Blueberry Gall Midge
- Photographs and a description of this species, its distribution, life history, plant damage and management.
- Photographs of flies in this family found in North America, provided by BugGuide.
- Photographs and a description of this predatory gall midge, its distribution, life cycle and use as a biological control of the twospotted spider mite.
Macrodiplosis quercusoruca: Vein Pocket Gall
- Photographs of the gall caused by this midge, with information on its hosts, symptoms, life cycle and description.
- Illustration and description of the Hessian Fly, its biology, distribution within the former USSR, ecology and economic significance as an insect pest of cereal crops.
Mayetiola destructor: Hessian Fly
- Photograph of this insect, with information on its hosts plants and symptoms.
Prodiplosis longifila: Citrus Gall Midge
- Photographs and a description of this species, its distribution, host plants, damage and management.
- Photograph of galls on a coyote bush twig produced by the larvae of the twisted stem gall midge.
- Photograph of galls on a coyote bush produced by the larvae of this bud gall midge.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: December 17, 2007 at 15:52:52 UTC -