the entire directory
only in Insecta/Diptera
Flora and Fauna
Open Directory - Science: Biology: Flora and Fauna: Animalia: Arthropoda: Insecta: Diptera
Home: Gardening: Pest and Disease Control
Science: Biology: Genetics: Eukaryotic: Animal: Insect: Drosophila
This category in other languages:
All about Glow Worms
- Information about the fly Arachnocampa flava and its bioluminescent larva, both of which are being studied at the Springbrook Research Centre in Australia.
- Information and pictures of flies in Brisbane, Australia.
Catalogue of the Craneflies of the World
- Taxonomic information on 17311 taxa in the families Pediciidae, Limoniidae, Cylindrotomidae, and Tipulidae (Insecta, Diptera, Tipuloidea), including distribution data by country.
Checklist of the Diptera of the Netherlands
- Information about the checklist by Paul Beuk, which can be ordered on CD-ROM.
- Characteristics, phylogeny, and images from the Tree of Life project.
Diptera - Flies Are Cool
- Photos and information on Diptera (true flies) and links to other entomological and parasitological sites.
- Detailed information about flies from the USDA Systematic Entomology Laboratory.
- Deals with all aspects of dipterology (the study of Diptera: flies and midges) and dipterists worldwide. Includes images and forums.
Diptera: Flies and Mosquitoes
- The characteristics of these insects, their life cycle, feeding and habitat, with illustrations.
Flies in my Garden
- Photographs and information about flies found in a garden in the Netherlands.
Flies in the Home
- University of Nebraska Cooperative Extension in Lancaster County factsheet and audio on flies found in the home, biology and control.
- Index for flies; click on any fly for image, biology, habits, control methods.
Garden Safari: Introduction to Diptera
- Photographs and information about flies and gnats in a garden in The Netherlands.
Manual of Afrotropical Diptera
- Project that aims to encourage the study of dipterology, and provide information for the use of practicing systematists, applied entomologists, conservationists, students of entomology and the public.
North American Dipterists Society
- A variety of resources for scientists that study the insect order Diptera, true flies. Includes newsletters "Fly Times" and "Tachinid Times", Tachinidae resources.
- Illustration and description of the Yellow Cereal or Grass Fly, its biology, distribution within the former USSR, ecology and economic significance as an insect pest of cereal crops.
Phantom Midges, Phantom Crane Flies
- Article by Louise Kulzer about phantom midges (Chaoboridae) and phantom crane flies (Ptychopteridae) in the Seattle, Washington area.
The Fly Proboscis
- Article by Mike Samworth describing this feature with a microscopic image of the mouthparts of Calliphora vomitoria.
The Fly in Your Eye
- Full text of a book by Jim Heath telling the story of the war between bush flies and dung beetles in Australia. Includes cartoons, facts, and drawings.
- Information from Wikipedia on this large biting fly in the genus Glossina, its biology, morphology and systematics, and the disease it can carry, trypanosomiasis or sleeping sickness.
- Observations, how flies affected the course of history, and pictures.
" search on:
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Friday, May 28, 2010 11:26:00 AM EDT -