the entire directory
only in Insecta/Diptera
Flora and Fauna
Home: Gardening: Pest and Disease Control
Science: Biology: Genetics: Eukaryotic: Animal: Insect: Drosophila
This category in other languages:
- Information and pictures of flies in Brisbane, Australia.
- Characteristics, phylogeny, and images from the Tree of Life project.
Diptera - Flies Are Cool
- Photos and information on Diptera (true flies) and links to other entomological and parasitological sites.
- Detailed information about flies from the USDA Systematic Entomology Laboratory.
- Deals with all aspects of dipterology (the study of Diptera: flies and midges) and dipterists worldwide. Includes images and forums.
Diptera: Flies and Mosquitoes
- The characteristics of these insects, their life cycle, feeding and habitat, with illustrations.
Flies in my Garden
- Photographs and information about flies found in a garden in the Netherlands.
Flies in the Home
- University of Nebraska Cooperative Extension in Lancaster County factsheet and audio on flies found in the home, biology and control.
The Fly in Your Eye
- Full text of a book by Jim Heath telling the story of the war between bush flies and dung beetles in Australia. Includes cartoons, facts, and drawings.
- Index for flies; click on any fly for image, biology, habits, control methods.
The Fly Proboscis
- Article by Mike Samworth describing this feature with a microscopic image of the mouthparts of Calliphora vomitoria.
Garden Safari: Introduction to Diptera
- Photographs and information about flies and gnats in a garden in The Netherlands.
- Observations, how flies affected the course of history, and pictures.
Manual of Afrotropical Diptera
- Project that aims to encourage the study of dipterology, and provide information for the use of practicing systematists, applied entomologists, conservationists, students of entomology and the public.
North American Dipterists Society
- A variety of resources for scientists that study the insect order Diptera, true flies. Includes newsletters "Fly Times" and "Tachinid Times", Tachinidae resources.
- Illustration and description of the Yellow Cereal or Grass Fly, its biology, distribution within the former USSR, ecology and economic significance as an insect pest of cereal crops.
Phantom Midges, Phantom Crane Flies
- Article by Louise Kulzer about phantom midges (Chaoboridae) and phantom crane flies (Ptychopteridae) in the Seattle, Washington area.
- Information from Wikipedia on this large biting fly in the genus Glossina, its biology, morphology and systematics, and the disease it can carry, trypanosomiasis or sleeping sickness.
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: October 13, 2014 at 1:41:51 UTC -