become an editor
the entire directory
only in Arachnida/Scorpiones
Flora and Fauna
Open Directory - Science: Biology: Flora and Fauna: Animalia: Arthropoda: Arachnida: Scorpiones
Health: Conditions and Diseases: Wounds and Injuries: Bites and Stings: Arthropods: Scorpions
Kids and Teens: School Time: Science: Living Things: Animals: Invertebrates: Scorpions
- Provides an information and consulting agency for researchers and others studying scorpions and arachnids.
Centruroides vittatus: Scorpions
- Photographs of this scorpion and information on its habitat, description and sting.
Checklist of the Scorpions of the USA
- Lists all described scorpion species (Arachnida: Scorpiones) occurring in the USA; includes information, control, distributions, photos, and links.
- Photographs, description, life history and habits.
Emperor Scorpion: Pandinus imperator
- Photograph and information from ARKive including classification, status, description, range, habitat, biology, threats and conservation.
- Information and images of scorpions found in the UK and the continent.
Introduction to the Scorpiones
- A brief description of scorpion history, biology and taxonomy from UCMP Berkeley.
Larval Orientation in Scorpions
- Warren Savary's technical article about the way scorpion moms carry their babies.
- Article on control of various scorpion species that are found in houses in the USA. Alternatively, homeowners can learn to coexist.
- Discusses various scorpion-related topics, including photos and information of scorpion species from around the world, including those of medical importance. Contributors include systematists, ecologists, and enthusiasts.
- Scott Stockwell's article about classification of scorpions in the Tree of Life project.
- Description and biology of scorpions from Desert USA.
- Photographs and general information including classification, habits and behavior and reproduction.
- The characteristics of these creatures, their life cycle, feeding and habitat, with illustrations.
Scorpions from the Chihuahuan Desert Region of Mexico and the United States
- Provides a scorpion species list, desert biology, zoogeography, systematics, publications, habitat photos and specimen images.
Scorpions of Southern Africa
- Information about scorpions in Africa south of the Zambezi River.
Striped Bark Scorpion: Centruroides vittatus
- Photographs and information on the natural history of this species.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Monday, February 18, 2013 2:17:59 AM EST -