become an editor
the entire directory
only in Araneae/Salticidae
Flora and Fauna
Open Directory - Science: Biology: Flora and Fauna: Animalia: Arthropoda: Arachnida: Araneae: Salticidae
Bold Jumping Spider: Phidippus audax
- Photographs and information on the natural history of this species.
Guide to French Salticidae
- Introduction and photo gallery of 72 species.
- Photographs, description, life history and habits.
Jumping Spider: Salticus scenicus
- Student project on this spider, also known as the zebra spider, including classification, habitat, adaptation, nutrition, reproduction and interactions with other species.
- Information on these spiders and photographs of a number of species found in Kentucky.
- Photographs of these spiders with information on their habitat and description.
Jumping Spiders - Salticidae
- Photo gallery from the Netherlands.
Jumping Spiders of the World
- Information on the diversity and biology of the world's Salticidae, with photos, drawings, and links.
- David Edwin Hill provides a movie showing the courtship and mating behavior of this green jumping spider.
Menemerus bivittatus and Plexippus paykulli
- Provides photographs and a description of these two species, the Gray Wall Jumper and the Pantropical Jumper.
The Peckham Society
- An informal international alliance of amateur and professional jumping spider researches. Publishes the online journal Peckhamia.
- David Edwin Hill provides a movie showing adult and immature spiders feeding on spider and insect prey.
Phidippus regius: Regal Jumping Spider
- Provides photographs and a description of this spider, with information on its distribution, identification, habits, habitat and detection.
- Detailed information about jumping spider biology and systematics by Wayne Maddison. Includes full list and photo gallery of genera of jumping spiders found in America North of Mexico.
Salticidae (Jumping Spiders)
- Provides photographs and information from the Biodiversity Explorer.
- David Edwin Hill provides a movie showing an adult male jumping spider feeding on an immature lynx spider (Oxyopes salticus).
Use of Location Information by Jumping Spiders
- Paper by David Edwin Hill on the ability of these spiders to move to a new position to facilitate an attack on sighted prey.
The Zebra Spider
- Article by Wim van Egmond on this spider, Salticus scenicus, its hunting methods and its superb eyesight, with 3D photographs.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Sunday, November 10, 2013 7:05:04 AM EST -