the entire directory
only in Flora_and_Fauna/Animalia
Flora and Fauna
Open Directory - Science: Biology: Flora and Fauna: Animalia
Kids and Teens: School Time: Science: Living Things: Animals
Science: Biology: Genetics: Eukaryotic: Animal
Science: Biology: Zoology
This category in other languages:
The Animal Diversity Web
- An online database of animal natural history, distribution, classification, and conservation biology
Animal Diversity Web
- Online database of animal natural history, distribution, classification, and conservation biology at the University of Michigan.
Animal Photo Archive
- Photos of animals.
Animals of Costa Rica, Nicoya Peninsula
- Wildlife guide with photographs and descriptions. Animal list in German, English, French and Spanish.
Animals! The Animal Information Center
- A general overview of Kingdom Animalia.
Benthic Invertebrates and Cryptic Fishes of Gray's Reef
- An illustrated guide to creatures found in Gray's Reef National Marine Sanctuary off the coast of Georgia, USA.
Biological Diversity: Animals
- A concise, illustrated overview of Kingdom Animalia and the organization of animal bodies.
- Blog on strange, unusual or weird animals from around the world.
British Columbia Creature Page
- Photographs, information and notes concerning marine life by Kerry L. Werry.
- Blog by Gordon Grice providing information and commentary on dangerous animals, from worms and insects to reptiles and mammals.
- A dynamic archive of information on digital morphology and high-resolution X-ray computed tomography of biological specimens. Includes slice-by-slice animations, animated volumetric and 3D surface renderings, introduction, references, links, and archival museum data for each specimen.
European Marine Life
- Biology of the marine flora and fauna with illustrated descriptions of the main marine species of Western Europe.
European Register of Marine Species
- The ERMS project covers species of the kingdoms Animalia, Plantae, Fungi and Protoctista occurring in the marine environment including all the continental shelf seas of Europe.
- A virtual zoo with photo galleries, web cams, news, and a zoo and aquarium directory.
- Provides photographs and interesting facts about a select number of wildlife species.
- Includes information and images of Paraguayan wildlife, a free on-line Paraguayan zoology journal, and information about birdwatching and wildlife tours.
- A complete checklist of the whole Italian fauna, with over 57,400 species.
- Provides amateur naturalists with the opportunity to share their photographs and stories about the animals that co-exist with man in town, city or backyard.
The Featured Creature
- Photographic blog of uncommon, bizarre and fascinating creatures.
Guide to Marine Life of North Vancouver Island
- Original photographs for identification of the common species of marine creatures found throughout the Pacific Northwest.
Guide to the Marine Zooplankton of South Eastern Australia
- Zooplankton encompass representatives of all the major invertebrate phyla and this interactive tool provides a comprehensive, fully illustrated means of identification for the major zooplankton.
Introduction to the Metazoa
- Information on the group's fossil record, life history, ecology, systematics and morphology, covering each group of organisms (each taxon).
- Blog focusing on the author's own study of invertebrates and the rearing of many species.
- Images of invertebrates from the tropical rain forest, deserts and coral reefs.
- Guide to gelatinous zooplankton of the U.S. Pacific Coast, with photos and information on jellyfish (true jellies), comb jellies, gelatinous molluscs, and pelagic tunicates.
Macaulay Library Catalog
- Collection of animal recordings and associated video.
- A blog feauturing the amazing, weird, unusual fascinating animals that inhabit this planet.
National Geographic Animal Videos
- Provides videos of lions, sharks, squid and many other animals. Requires Flash Player.
- Highlights of the larger members of the animal kingdom (Animalia).
OzAnimals.com: Australian Wildlife
- Provides photographs and information covering a wide range of Australian wildlife including mammals, birds, reptiles, frogs, insects and spiders.
The Phyla of Kingdom Animalia
- An outline of animal taxonomy, with links to descriptions of phyla and major classes and orders.
Puget Sound Marine Life Photos
- Images of marine invertebrates, mammals, fish, birds and algae in the Seattle, Washington area.
Snakes and Spiders
- Informational website about snakes and spiders including fact sheets on a number of species, snake bite stories and first aid for snake and spider bites.
Strange and Special Animals
- Blog about some unusual animals including pictures and information on some less familiar species.
Wild Animals Online
- Provides information on the different divisions of the animal kingdom and photographs of a selection of mammals, birds, reptiles, amphibians, fish and insects.
- Article by Wim van Egmond introducing oligochaetes, flatworms and nematodes with several photographs.
" search on:
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Wednesday, October 23, 2013 9:15:04 AM EDT -