become an editor
the entire directory
only in Evolution/Software
Computers: Artificial Intelligence
Computers: Artificial Life
- Free PC software package for simulating evolution in structured populations. Includes models for group selection, group territoriality, Wright's shifting balance model of punctuated equilibria and speciation.
- An artificial life software in some ways similar to C-Robots and other programming games. Every simulated creature is a virtual robot with complex input and outputs and each DNA is a program that acts on a memory cells array. Freeware.
Evolutionary Systems and Artificial Life
- This course presents an overview of the field of Evolutionary Systems and its applied branch of Artificial Life. The historical and philosophical foundations of evolutionary thought are explored with particular emphasis on computational simulations of its models. Topics include: Self-Organizing Systems, Natural Selection, Dynamic Systems, Boolean Networks, Cellular Automata, Genetic Algorithms, and Evolutionary Robotics.
- Watch creatures based on a neural network learn to solve simple problems (eating the right foods, escaping traps) through random mutations and selection of the fittest. Highly configurable, with a modular structure.
- In this artificial life simulation colourful creatures evolve the ability to swim in an aquatic environment.
Phylogeny and Evolution
- Various projects in evolution, molecular evolution and phylogenetic epidemiology being carried out by members in the Department of Zoology at the University of Oxford.
Usenet comp.ai.alife -
Usenet comp.ai.genetic -
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: February 11, 2015 at 7:45:03 UTC -