become an editor
the entire directory
only in Evolution/Molecular
Science: Biology: Biophysics
Science: Biology: Microbiology
Symmetry-breaking and Molecular Evolution
- Explores the structural relationship between cosmological symmetry-breaking and the form of molecular evolution leading to biological systems on Earth. It thus forms an alternative to historical hypotheses in which the form of biogenesis is believed to be the product of a linked sequence of specific conditions, bridged by stochastic selection processes.
Animal Emergence During Snowball Earths by Thermosynthesis in Submarine Hydrothermal Vents
- Paper by Anthonie W J Muller proposing a theory that organisms can use or may have used thermal cycling as an energy source, for example in volcanic hot springs, as an evolutionary step towards photosynthesis.
Debashish Bhattacharya Laboratory
- Our lab studies the molecular evolution of algae and protist and the origin of introns. Rutgers University.
ExPASy Life Science Directory
- Part of the ExPASy Molecular Biology Server, this extensive list includes almost exclusively pointers to information sources for life scientists with an interest in biological macromolecules.
Furies in the Genome
- Downloadable book asserting that the struggle for existence (Darwinian competition) causes both genetic variation and natural selection.
History of Molecular Evolution
- Information from Wikipedia on the emergence of this field of study following the rise of molecular biology and the advent of protein sequencing. The differences between homologous sequences can be used as a molecular clock to estimate the time since the last common ancestor.
- Profile of Joseph Felsenstein, Professor of Genome Sciences and of Biology at the University of Washington, providing his areas of research and publications.
Laboratory of Biosystematics and Plant Cytology, Komarov Botanical Institute RAS
- The study of structural and functional organization of chromosomes, caryotypes, molecular systematics and phylogeny, environmental control of structural and functional features of cell cycle and meta-phase chromosomes in plants.
- Information from Wikipedia on this scientific field where researchers seek to understand recent discoveries on the structure and function of nucleic acids and proteins.
Molecular Phylogenetics and Evolution
- Journal providing a forum for molecular studies that advance the understanding of phylogeny and evolution. Provides information on the journal and subscriptions.
Stuart A. Kauffman
- Reviews of books, papers and articles by this American theoretical biologist and researcher into the origin of life on Earth.
- Biographical memoir on this Japanese American researcher who postulated that gene duplication plays a major role in evolution, with a bibliography.
- Details work exploring the evolution of novel ribozymes (deoxyribo and ribonucleic acid catalysts) from populations of random sequences, attempting to shed light on the origins of biological catalysis.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 9, 2015 at 8:33:02 UTC -