become an editor
the entire directory
only in Evolution/Education
Criticism of Darwinism
Kids and Teens: School Time: Science: Living Things: Origins of Life
Science: Biology: Education
Science: Biology: Genetics: Education
Science: Earth Sciences: Paleontology: Education
Society: Issues: Education: Creation and Evolution
This category in other languages:
AAAS News Release - Intelligent Design Theory
- Resolution on intelligent design theory which rejects the theory as an inadequate competitor to evolution.
- Online documentary, activities and lesson plans.
Danny Yee's Book Reviews: Evolution
- Reviews of several score books about evolution - mostly popular titles, but some academic works as well.
Darwin Day at the University of Tennessee
- Annual educational event to encourage teaching evolution as a unifying concept in biology and to disseminate accurate information concerning evolution.
Eugenie Scott - Evolution and Providence
- Video of lecture on how to teach evolution.
Evidence for Evolution
- Basic outline of the evidence for evolution, with further pages that go into more depth.
- Highlights of the major pieces of evidence, including living organisms, common ancestry, homologous structures, vestigial organs, biochemistry. Also discusses the theory of evolution.
Evolution Activities from Access Excellence
- Teaching materials related to various aspects of evolutionary biology.
Evolution and Nature of Science Institute
- Lessons for teaching evolution and the nature of science in high school biology.
Evolution at Old Dominion University
- Course-specific materials and links to a variety of web resources on evolutionary biology.
Evolution Education Resource Center
- A plain English explanation of evolutionary processes for the average person, with refutations of creationism.
Evolution Resources from the National Acadamies
- Books (some with full online versions), position statements, and research papers.
Five Major Misconceptions about Evolution
- This article clears up five of the most important misconceptions about evolution. Includes rebuttals.
How Humans Evolved
- A general introduction to natural selection and population genetics, human behavior and mating, and the fossil record. Includes quizzes.
Life and Times of Early Man
- Lesson plans and activities for teachers and an introduction to human evolution for children.
- An educational site about evolution. It includes a 3D Java-based virtual world using Artificial Life, as well as information about the main evolution theories.
NABT's Statement on Teaching Evolution
- Position statement that the teaching of biology in an effective and scientifically honest manner requires that evolution be taught in a standards-based instructional framework with effective classroom discussions and laboratory experiences.
National Association for Objectivity in Science about Evolution
- Promotes teaching of critical thinking about the theory of evolution.
National Center for Science Education
- Clearinghouse for information and advice to keep evolution in the science classroom and certain other theories out.
NCSE: Statements from Educational Organizations
- Position statements from several dozen scientific education organizations.
Ongoing Challenges to Evolution Education: Resources and Activities of the National Academies
- Jay B. Labov of the National Academy of Sciences outlines recent and planned activities of the Center for Education concerning the teaching of evolution, and collaborative activities with other organizations.
Online Biology Textbook
- Constantly updated and revised college-level biology textbook available online for free.
- Online course and guide for teachers plus lessons for students.
Questions and Answers about Scientific Theories
- A helpful handout for educators addressing questions about scientific theories and misinformation about the theory of evolution.
Resources for Teaching and Learning Biology
- The American Institute of Biological Sciences provides links to a number of resources on biology teaching including evolution.
Systematics and Evolution Research Group
- Provides information on the graduate study programs at the University of Alberta, the funding opportunities and academic staff.
Teaching Evolution and the Nature of Science
- Online book for teachers provided by the National Academy of Sciences.
- Teaching the science and history of evolutionary biology, from the University of California Museum of Paleontology and the National Center for Science Education.
BBC News: Teaching the Evolution Teachers
- Article about a plan to improve how the theory of evolution is taught in the United States and Canada. (July 03, 2000)
Usenet sci.bio.evolution -
Usenet talk.origins -
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: March 9, 2013 at 15:54:12 UTC -