become an editor
the entire directory
only in Evolution/Education
Criticism of Darwinism
Kids and Teens: School Time: Science: Living Things: Origins of Life
Science: Biology: Education
Science: Biology: Genetics: Education
Science: Earth Sciences: Paleontology: Education
Society: Issues: Education: Creation and Evolution
This category in other languages:
AAAS News Release - Intelligent Design Theory
- Resolution on intelligent design theory which rejects the theory as an inadequate competitor to evolution.
- Online documentary, activities and lesson plans.
Danny Yee's Book Reviews: Evolution
- Reviews of several score books about evolution - mostly popular titles, but some academic works as well.
Darwin Day at the University of Tennessee
- Annual educational event to encourage teaching evolution as a unifying concept in biology and to disseminate accurate information concerning evolution.
Eugenie Scott - Evolution and Providence
- Video of lecture on how to teach evolution.
Evidence for Evolution
- Basic outline of the evidence for evolution, with further pages that go into more depth.
Evolution Activities from Access Excellence
- Teaching materials related to various aspects of evolutionary biology.
Evolution and Nature of Science Institute
- Lessons for teaching evolution and the nature of science in high school biology.
Evolution at Old Dominion University
- Course-specific materials and links to a variety of web resources on evolutionary biology.
Evolution Education Resource Center
- A plain English explanation of evolutionary processes for the average person, with refutations of creationism.
Evolution Resources from the National Acadamies
- Books (some with full online versions), position statements, and research papers.
Five Major Misconceptions about Evolution
- This article clears up five of the most important misconceptions about evolution. Includes rebuttals.
How Humans Evolved
- A general introduction to natural selection and population genetics, human behavior and mating, and the fossil record. Includes quizzes.
Life and Times of Early Man
- Lesson plans and activities for teachers and an introduction to human evolution for children.
- An educational site about evolution. It includes a 3D Java-based virtual world using Artificial Life, as well as information about the main evolution theories.
NABT's Statement on Teaching Evolution
- Position statement that the teaching of biology in an effective and scientifically honest manner requires that evolution be taught in a standards-based instructional framework with effective classroom discussions and laboratory experiences.
National Association for Objectivity in Science about Evolution
- Promotes teaching of critical thinking about the theory of evolution.
National Center for Science Education
- Clearinghouse for information and advice to keep evolution in the science classroom and certain other theories out.
NCSE: Statements from Educational Organizations
- Position statements from several dozen scientific education organizations.
Ongoing Challenges to Evolution Education: Resources and Activities of the National Academies
- Jay B. Labov of the National Academy of Sciences outlines recent and planned activities of the Center for Education concerning the teaching of evolution, and collaborative activities with other organizations.
- Online course and guide for teachers plus lessons for students.
Questions and Answers about Scientific Theories
- A helpful handout for educators addressing questions about scientific theories and misinformation about the theory of evolution.
Resources for Teaching and Learning Biology
- The American Institute of Biological Sciences provides links to a number of resources on biology teaching including evolution.
Systematics and Evolution Research Group
- Provides information on the graduate study programs at the University of Alberta, the funding opportunities and academic staff.
Teaching Evolution and the Nature of Science
- Online book for teachers provided by the National Academy of Sciences.
- Teaching the science and history of evolutionary biology, from the University of California Museum of Paleontology and the National Center for Science Education.
BBC News: Teaching the Evolution Teachers
- Article about a plan to improve how the theory of evolution is taught in the United States and Canada. (July 03, 2000)
Usenet sci.bio.evolution -
Usenet talk.origins -
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 5, 2016 at 19:45:24 UTC -