the entire directory
only in Biology/Evolution
Science: Anomalies and Alternative Science: Creationism
Science: Anomalies and Alternative Science: Criticism of Darwinism
Science: Astronomy: Cosmology
Science: Astronomy: Extraterrestrial Life: Exobiology
Science: Biology: Theoretical Biology
Science: Science in Society: Science and Religion: Evolution
Society: Religion and Spirituality: Christianity: Perspectives: Origins and Creation
Society: Religion and Spirituality: Opposing Views: Christianity: Origins and Creation
This category in other languages:
The TalkOrigins Archive
- Provides a number of essays and articles on various aspects of biology and evolutionary theory.
Alec's Evolution Pages
- Essays, articles, resources and links presenting scientific evidence for evolution and refuting creationist arguments. Demonstrates fallacies of Young Earth Creationism and Intelligent Design.
Beliefs of U.S. Public About Evolution and Creation
- Presents and discusses the results of polls (from Gallup, About.com, and other sources) of various economic, educational, and religious groups about evolution and creation.
Derek Hough on Evolutionary Theory
- Article by Derek Hough asserting that Darwin would never have believed in neo-Darwinism. He knew that the source of variety was the missing link in his theory.
Dinobuzz: Are Birds Really Dinosaurs?
- Article examining the evolution of birds.
The Dinosaur Origin and Extinction
- Essay by Svend Palm.
- Provides a means for evolutionary biologists, population biologists and scientists in related areas to post and distribute information about jobs, meetings, news and general announcements.
The Evolution Evidence Page
- A collection of articles about evolution, most of which deal primarily with human evolution, from a variety of sources. They include discussion of the anatomical, fossil and genetic evidence.
Evolution of Evolvability
- This paper shows how evolution tunes the content and frequency of genetic variation to enhance its evolvability, organising genetic systems into hierarchies. Genetic evolution is neither random nor blind.
- A tool for academic research in evolutionary biology and its associated controversies.
- Web version of a book written by John Stewart about the direction of evolution and the future of humanity.
Evolution, Biology and Taxonomy
- Provides articles on the history of the theory of evolution and the basics of biological evolution. Includes forums only available to members.
Evolution, Complexity and Philosophy
- Hans-Cees Speel discusses evolution in biology, philosophy, artificial intelligence and memetics.
- Supporting material for the "Evolution" TV series. Includes informative activities.
Evolution: The Panda's Thumb
- One of the classic stories of evolution is the riddle of the giant panda's thumb.
- Information on a book by Professor Jaroslav Flegr describing a variation on the theory of evolution, the frozen plasticity theory.
- Article by Kathleen Hunt.
Introduction to Phylogeny
- University of California Museum of Paleontology virtual exhibit explores the relationship of phylogeny and evolution.
- Gene McCarthy, a geneticist, provides an in-depth discussion of macroevolution and its probable causes and, in the process, reviews the history of evolutionary thought.
Map of Life
- Examples of convergent evolution.
- A blog about evolution, creation and 'all that jazz', by high school biology teacher Scott Hatfield.
The Panda's Thumb
- Group weblog on evolutionary theory, the claims of the anti-evolution movement, and the defence of the integrity of both science and science education.
Radiation of the First Animals
- Illustrated lecture transcript by Dr. Jere Lipps. Discussion of the evolutionary record of the pre-Cambrian period and the Cambrian explosion, including the traces and impacts of non-skeletal life forms.
Scientific American: 15 Answers to Creationist Nonsense
- Review and critique of popular arguments against the theory of evolution by natural selection.
Songbird Shows How Evolution Works
- BBC News article about study on Himalayan songbirds that suggests how one species can evolve into two.
The Story of Human Evolution
- An step-by-step explanation of natural evolution from the Big Bang to the rise of civilization.
Unicellular Organisms: Origin of Life
- Chapter from an online book entitled "A Review of the Universe: Structures, Evolutions, Observations, and Theories".
Vertebrate Flight Exhibit
- Explores the physics of vertebrate flight, with particular emphasis on its origins and evolution.
Zen Philosophy and Adaptation via Natural Selection
- Article by Vaclav Petr on this subject.
Australian Broadcasting Corporation: Genetic Signature for Darwinian Evolution
- Article on research by geneticist David Moore and colleagues who examined the evolution of the cane toad's ability to resist its own deadly toxin. (May 20, 2009)
Usenet sci.bio.evolution -
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 5, 2016 at 18:45:10 UTC -