become an editor
the entire directory
only in Education/Tutorials
Services For Hire
Computers: Internet: FAQs, Help, and Tutorials
Amphibian Embryology Tutorial
- Graphical supplement for teaching and learning about amphibian development from the University of Wisconsin.
Biology In Motion
- Online activities for learning biology, including animated cartoons, an evolution simulation laboratory, and drag-and-drop quizzes.
- Biology revision site for AS or A2 level students with features, diagrams and information covering human biology, biochemistry and plant biology. Contains easy to understand, printable notes on many subjects.
Biology Labs On-Line
- Interactive, inquiry-based laboratory simulations and exercises designed for college and AP high school biology majors.
The Digital Anatomist Project
- Excellent general anatomic imaging from the Univ. of Washington.
The Dolan DNA Learning Center
- A wide variety of online DNA resources as well as information on many workshops, field trips, courses, and products - from the Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory.
The eSkeletons Project
- An interactive learning area that enables you to view the bones of a human, chimpanzee, and baboon and gather information about them from an osteology database; created at the University of Texas at Austin.
- Online dissection of a frog using Flash 5 and recycled frogs.
Genome Consortium for Active Teaching (GCAT)
- Excellent clearinghouse of information and databases for teaching undergraduate Genomics and networking - from Davidson College.
How to Know the Earth's Plants and Animals
- Basic nature study techniques are explained while focusing on plants,animals and ecology found in the average North American's backyard. Good source of information about plants and animals as well as guide to studying them.
Human Anatomy On-line
- Fact-filled tour of the human body for students in middle school and above.
Human Biology Guide
- Revision site designed for the AQA Human Biology course but suitable for all biology students.
The Human Heart
- An online exploration of the heart from The Franklin Institute Science Museum.
I Can Do That
- Cartoon characters take you on a tour of cells, DNA, RNA and biological techniques.
Learn Biology Online
- Starts with basic cell biology, then progresses through genetics, immune defence, reproduction, respirations, growth, regulation, ecosystems and adaptation. Also has an online dictionary for reference to some of the terminology.
Netfrog-Interactive Frog Dissection
- Really instructive frog dissection photo images, movies, text, and practical interaction. Designed for use in high school biology classes by the University of Virginia.
Neurological Eye Simulator
- Simulates eye motion and effects of disabling eye muscles and cranial nerves, including instructional text (requires ShockWave) - from UC-Davis.
PT Central - Online University
- Courses, outlines, syllabi, and educational links in Anatomy, Embryology, and medical terminology aimed toward physical therapy students.
Virtual Frog Dissection Kit
- Program for interactive dissection of a frog from the Lawrence Berkeley National Lab.
The Visible Human
- A guided tour providing an introduction to human anatomy and physiology using images and animations based on the Visible Human Project - from the Washington Univ. Med. School.
Wah Yan Path
- A multi-disciplinary project to develop one of the first online, campus nature trails in a secondary school for leisure and education - from Wah Yan College, Kowloon.
The Whole Brain Atlas
- MRI views of the normal and diseased human brain. By Keith A. Johnson, MD and J. Alex Becker, PhD. A collaboration of MIT and Harvard University.
The Whole Frog Project
- 3D reconstructions of MRI data for frogs and plants - from the Lawrence Berkeley National Lab.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: October 30, 2014 at 10:57:51 UTC -