become an editor
the entire directory
only in Education/Teaching_Resources
Open Directory - Science: Biology: Education: Teaching Resources
Science: Biology: Education: Personal and Class Pages
Science: Educational Resources: Assessment
Science: Educational Resources: Curriculum Development
- Repository of line drawings, video clips, and photos to teach biology.
Biological Science Curriculum Study (BSCS)
- Develops inquiry-based science curriculum, including textbooks. Includes downloadable curriculum modules, catalog, annual report, and job openings.
The Biology Corner
- Offers profound resources of tutorials and lesson plans for biology and science teachers. Devoted to the compilation of interactive education sites.
Biology Questions and Answers
- Explains biochemistry, cell biology, microbiology, zoology, physiology, embryology, botany, genetics, evolution, ecology and diseases through sequences of questions and answers.
- An unmoderated email listserv catering to the needs of biology teachers and professionals from kindergarten to university. Site has searchable archives going back to mid-1991.
BioQUEST Curriculum Consortium
- This project actively supports an extended network of educators interested in the reform of undergraduate biology. Collaborative efforts with other educational groups, links to staff, current activities, library, and projects.
- Online repository of biological information which aims to create a knowledge base for students by the provision of animations and lectures.
Crickets in the Classroom
- Provides lessons and units for using crickets in the classroom to teach basic science concepts.
Hands-on Activities for Teaching Biology to High School or Middle School Students
- Teaching resources modelled on the idea that students will learn best if they are actively engaged and if their activities are closely linked to understanding important biological concepts.
- Educational website about invertebrates designed for primary and secondary students with the characteristics, classification, pictures and a test on each group.
National Institute of General Medical Sciences: Online Teaching Resources
- NIGMS Provides science education publications on a number of biological topics, and interactive games to test your knowledge. Also provides eNewsletters, research news and funding opportunities.
Preparing Our Children: Math and Science Education in the National Interest
- "The National Science Board (NSB), charged with advising the President and the Congress on national science policy, urges a nation-wide consensus on a core of knowledge and competency in mathematics and science. The Board believes it is both possible and imperative to develop national strategies that serve the national interest while respecting local responsibility for K-12 teaching and learning" (Executive Summary).
Using Live Insects
- Full curriculum resources for incorporating insects into elementary classrooms. Includes care instructions, cross-curricular lesson plans, and links.
Wisconsin Teacher Enhancement Program
- A national professional development program at the University of Wisconsin-Madison for K-14 science and health educators. Most courses are related to biology.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: October 3, 2013 at 2:05:06 UTC -