the entire directory
only in Biology/Education
Conferences and Workshops
Summer Research Programs
Personal and Class Pages
Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
Reference: Education: Colleges and Universities
Science: Biology: Products and Services
Science: Biology: Publications
Science: Educational Resources
Science: News and Media
Science: Publications: Books
Shopping: Publications: Books: Science
This category in other languages:
The Why Files
- Well-researched, educational descriptions of the actual science behind current news stories. From the University of Wisconsin, supported by the National Institute for Science Education of the NSF.
15 Degree Laboratory
- A visual cognition research and development laboratory, located at Louisiana State University, for improving biological and botanical learning via visual probes, templates and filters.
- Examines the condition of bioscience literacy through current issues on environment, biodiversity, genomics, biotechnology, evolution, and biology. Peer-reviewed articles are accepted from scientists and educators.
- Extensive digital library of biological resources for biology teaching and research at all educational levels. Requires a free registration.
Bio-Alive Life Science Video Share
- Life scientists can share and watch videos online. Videos can be related but not limited to biology, neuroscience, histology, pathology, immunology, laboratory methods, techniques and procedures.
- Educational site and software for biology and medicine in high and secondary schools. Provides animations of biological processes (in VRML format).
Bioinformatics Education Dissemination: Reaching Out, Connecting, and Knitting-together
- BEDROCK is an NSF-funded project aimed at integrating bioinformatics throughout the undergraduate biology curriculum, encouraging students to explore and analyze actual data in a way that recreates the experience of conducting research.
- Interactive virtual labs, animations, and web videos through which one can learn about various aspects of biology. Also offers a virtual museum.
Biology and Genetics Teaching Resources
- Teaching resources for biology and genetics by D G Mackean, including PowerPoint presentations and experimental work. Mainly for GCSE and IGCSE.
The Biology Project
- Has tutorials and problem sets for learning biochemistry, cell, developmental, human, and molecular biology, Mendelian genetics, and immunology.
Brain Connection to Education
- Information for anyone interested in applying the latest brain research to best practices in education.
- Offers free online courses, videos, photos and video lectures by qualified biologists.
Digital Anatomist Interactive Atlases
- Interactive Atlases show views of organs reconstructed from slices.
- Provides a number of short scientific videos provided by DnaTube members who wish to share their scientific experiences. Most members are graduate students from universities around the world.
- Provides video lectures, online courses and animations on a range of biology and neuroscience topics.
Fun Trivia: Biology
- Short biology quizzes to test your knowledge and understanding.
Incubation and Embryology
- A hands-on project that teaches science and respect for life.
- Welcome to human anatomy on-line, a place for fun, interactive and educational views of the human body.
- The science and issues behind modern biological research.
The MAD Scientist Network
- Ask-A-Scientist, fun educational activities, and information resources - from Washington Univ.-St. Louis.
Online Biology Textbook
- Excellent introductory biology text adapted from print version by Dr. John W. Kimball, retired from Harvard University.
- Provides guides to procedures in laboratories including Transgenic Fly, Bacterial Identification, Cardiology, Neurophysiology and Immunology provided by the Howard Hughes Medical Institute.
- 3D human anatomy visualization tool providing detailed models of all body systems.
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 5, 2016 at 19:45:24 UTC -