become an editor
the entire directory
only in Ecology/Software
Open Directory - Science: Biology: Ecology: Software
Business: Electronics and Electrical: Instrumentation: Data Acquisition and Control: Software
Computers: Artificial Life
Science: Biology: Bioinformatics: Online Services
Science: Biology: Ecology: Landscape Ecology and Spatial Analysis
Science: Biology: Evolution: Software
Science: Biology: Genetics: Software
Science: Biology: Products and Services: Field Biology
Science: Biology: Software
Science: Biology: Taxonomy: Software
Science: Environment: Biodiversity: Evaluation and Monitoring
Science: Environment: Biodiversity: Informatics: Software
Science: Environment: Products and Services: Software
Science: Math: Statistics: Software
Science: Social Sciences: Geography: Geographic Information Systems: Software
Across Trophic Level System Simulation
- A simulation system for the Everglades and Big Cypress Swamp (USA).
- Exploratory and Euclidean methods in Environmental sciences.
- Microbial Ecology Resources' software; this particular item will run simulations of multiple species in a specific environment. Most variables can be manipulated.
- Program for calculating the volumes, surface areas, and surface to volume ratios of diatoms.
Blossom Statistical Software
- Interactive program for making statistical comparisons with distance-function based permutation tests and for testing parameters estimated in linear models with permutation procedures.
- Free software for data collection and analysis in ecological and environmental field work.
Ecological Software Solutions
- Software for biology, ecology, geography, wildlife fisheries and the environmental sciences.
Ecomaster and Cascoly Critters
- Software: Ecology and biology simulations for all ages
ECOSIM : Ecosystem Simulation
- Information and links concerning ecological modeling and application of simulation to ecology.
Environmental Design Making
- Microbial Ecology Resources' software designed for students. Allows students to create ecosystems to gain understandings of ecosystem functionality and productivity.
Fossil Creek Software
- Describes and offers POP-II and POP-III population dynamics software, which is used by government and university wildlife biologists to simulate the dynamics of deer, elk, moose and other large animal populations.
- Yale software; downloadable demo available for this software. Designed to teach ecosystem dynamics to advanced ecology students.
Habitat Evaluation Procedures
- HEP enables land use managers to quantify the effects of alternative management plans over time, and provide for mitigation and compensation that can allow fair use of the land and maintain healthy habitats for affected species.
The Hydroecological Integrity Assessment Process
- USGS scientists have developed HIP and a suite of software tools for conducting a hydrologic classification of streams, addressing instream flow needs, and assessing past and proposed hydrologic alterations on streamflow and other ecosystem components.
- Programs from Ecological Methodology by Charles J. Krebs, compiled to run under Windows 3.x and Windows 9x.
LemnaTec Image Processing
- Bio-testing for potentially hazardous substances using image processing of cultured Lemna.
MjM Software Design
- PC-ORD software for multivariate statistical analysis of ecological communities, including cluster analysis, ordination, and species diversity.
Moist-Soil Management Advisor
- MSMA assists wetland managers in the development of annual management plans for a moist-soil complex composed of several individual units.
- Jensen Software Systems offer software programs to analyze telemetry data including dive analysis, temperature analysis, deadreckoning, geolocation and pH analysis.
National Hydrologic Assessment Tool
- NATHAT allows use of daily and peak streamflow data to establish a hydrologic baseline, environmental flow standards and evaluate past and proposed hydrologic modifications.
- Simulations of data based upon relationships presented in the journal Ecology, with 25 different simulations for each journal volume.
Patuxent Software Archive
- Site contains software for ecological management, including tagging game and ecosystem analysis.
- Set of programs to predict the micro-habitat conditions in rivers as a function of streamflow, and the relative suitability of those conditions to aquatic life.
Pisces Conservation Ltd
- Information about ecological software and consultancy services.
Pollen-based Climate Reconstruction
- Windows software that provides quantitative climate reconstruction from pollen spectral datasets.
Populus - Simulations of Population Biology
- Software containing set of simulations used to teach population biology and evolutionary ecology at the University of Minnesota. Freely downloadable for educational use.
- Distance is a software program designed for the analysis of distance sampling data, to estimate density and abundance of a population.
RAMAS Ecological and Environmental Software
- Offers software for ecology, conservation biology, wildlife management, and human health risk analysis. Data analysis for endangered and threatened species, models of extinction risk assessment linked to geographic information systems.
- Provides a computer model that computer model that simulates the dynamics of freshwater salmonid populations, both anadromous and resident.
Wa-Tor for Windows
- Site offers a population ecology simulation game pitting sharks against fish. The populations may fluctuate or may go extinct, depending on the initial parameters and subsequent random events.
- Software to help estimate populations of birds and fish in an ecosystem.
Wildlife Ecology Software
- A clearing-house for wildlife ecology related software, for applications such as habitat analysis, diversity indices, simulations, general population dynamics, capture/recapture, survival, energetics, statistics, home range, and telemetry.
- Software for exploring geographical patterns in diversity, rarity and conservation priorities from large biological datasets.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: February 21, 2014 at 7:15:05 UTC -