become an editor
the entire directory
only in Ecology/Research_Groups_and_Centers
Research Groups and Centers
Long-Term Ecological Research Network - LTER
Science: Biology: Research Groups and Centers
Science: Environment: Biodiversity: Research Groups and Centers
Science: Environment: Climate Change: Research Groups and Centers
Science: Environment: Research Groups and Centers
Science: Research Groups and Centers
This category in other languages:
Aldo Leopold Wilderness Research Institute
- The research arm of the agencies that manage wilderness areas in the United States.
The Andaman and Nicobar Islands: Centre for Island Ecology
- Aims to advance the understanding of the islands’ biological diversity and contribute towards their conservation through education, research and developing sustainable resource utilization.
Archbold Biological Station - Ecological Research Facility
- A non-profit research facility devoted to long-term ecological research and conservation of the organisms and environments of the Lake Wales Ridge area in Florida.
Association of Ecosystem Research Centers
- Group brings together 39 U.S. research programs in universities and private, state and federal laboratories that conduct research, provide training and analyze policy at the ecosystem level of environmental science and natural resources management.
Australian Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organization
- CSIRO's goal is to develop the scientific knowledge required to manage Australia's wildlife, plant and land resources for ecological sustainability.
Cape Tribulation Tropical Research Station
- In Queensland, Australia, this is the only research facility in the coastal lowland seasonally-wet tropical rainforests of Australia. The dominant forest type is complex mesophyll vine forest. Opportunities exist for research, volunteers and study.
Cary Institute of Ecosystem Studies
- Environmental research and education center in Millbrook, New York. Overview of research, publications, staff, graduate and undergraduate study programs, articles on environmental issues, and information about visiting the trails and campus.
- A private research institute, specializing in aquaculture, marine biosecurity, coastal and estuarine ecology, freshwater ecology, and analytical laboratory services.
Center For Coastal Environmental Health and BiomolecularResearch
- The mission of the CCEHBR is to provide scientific information required to resolve coastal ecosystem health issues associated with the agency goals of the NOS.
The Center for Ecological Health Research (CEHR)
- It is one of four environmental research Center established in 1991 by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. The central goal of the Center is to understand how multiple stresses interact to affect biological and ecological processes in aquatic and terrestrial systems.
Center for Ecological Research and Education (CERE)
- Idaho State University center which focuses on ecological principles and problems.
Center for Global Change
- The focal point of this facility at the University of Alaska Fairbanks is for developing, coordinating and implementing interdisciplinary research and education related to the role of the Arctic and sub-Arctic in the Earth system, and to stimulate and facilitate global change research in this region.
Center for Industrial Ecology
- Research center at Yale School of Forestry and Environmental Studies. Research is focused on how industrial systems should be viewed as part of the surrounding systems and not in isolation.
Center for Statistical Ecology and Environmental Statistics
- Broad research areas of the Center relate to statistical ecology, environmental statistics, and quantitative risk analysis, with emphasis on mathematical statistics, statistical methodology, and data interpretation and improvement for future use. The adopted approach is to advance statistics for environment, ecology, and environmental health, and to advance environmental and ecological theory and practice using valid statistics. (Pennsylvania State University, USA).
Centre for Ecology & Hydrology
- A leading body in the United Kingdom for research and monitoring in terrestrial and freshwater sciences.
Centre for Ecology, Evolution and Conservation, University of East Anglia
- A group of 21 faculty, with interests in behavioural ecology, biodiversity, biogeochemistry, ecophysiology, genetics, environmental genomics, life histories, pollution, population biology, tropical, landscape, microbial, molecular and restoration ecology.
Centre for Population Biology
- Research in population biology and related disciplines to understand and predict the functioning of ecological systems, from populations to ecosystems. (Imperial College, University of London, UK).
Cliff Ecology Research Group
- Dr. Doug Larson at the University of Guelph heads a team of scientists devoted to studying the ecology of cliffs.
Coastal Ecosystems Research Foundation (CERF)
- CERF is a non-profit organization the aim of which is to fund ecological research through eco-tourism. Research is presently focused on the whales and dolphins of British Columbia's coast.
The Coastal Research and Education Society of Long Island
- Information about the research and education and outreach programs of the Coastal Research and Education Society of Long Island.
Columbia Mountains Institute of Applied Ecology
- A non-profit society dedicated to facilitating applied ecological research in the Columbia Mountains of British Columbia, Canada and to making information available to managers, resource technicians, scientists, and the public.
Complex Systems Research Center
- Center investigates the effects of human disturbance on the Earth's biogeochemical processes.
Conservation Biology Institute Home
- Varied research projects requiring solutions by broadly trained individuals representing a range of disciplines and skills. Collaborating professionals address the most pressing conservation problems today.
Cooperative Institute for Research in Environmental Sciences
- devoted to research and teaching in the wide-ranging disciplines of the environmental sciences.
- Describes the foothills at Stanford University, popularly known as "The Dish," and used for academic research, ecological conservation, and restorations.
Ecology at Oklahoma State University
- Research and educational opportunities.
- Nonprofit scientific organization in Mt. Vernon, Washington, USA that conducts ecological studies to improve conservation, management, and restoration of native biodiversity.
The Ecosystems Center
- Part of the Marine Biology Lab, Woods Hole, Massachusetts. Investigates the structure and functioning of ecological systems.
Florida Center for Environmental Studies
- Researches Tropical/Subtropical Water Dominated Ecosystems. Facilitates and coordinates environmental research and training, and communicates environmental knowledge.
Florida Cooperative Fish and Wildlife Research Unit
- Conducts detailed investigations of wetlands and their component fish and wildlife resources, emphasizing the linkages with both aquatic and terrestrial ecosystems.
Florida Environmental Research Institute
- Non-profit research institute in Tampa, Florida, USA focusing on computational ecology and remote sensing technologies.
FRESC - Forest and Rangeland Ecosystem Science Center
- A multi-disciplinary research center within the USGS Biological Resources Division. Provides scientific understanding and technology to support sound management and conservation of forest and rangeland ecosystems in the U.S. Pacific Northwest and Intermountain West.
Global Terrestrial Observing System (GTOS)
- GTOS mission is to provide policy makers, resource managers and researchers with the data they need to detect, quantify, locate and understand changes (especially reductions) in the capacity of terrestrial ecosystems to support sustainable development.
Hawaii Stream Research Center
- The HSRC is a field research laboratory focusing on studies in Hawaiian freshwater ecology.
The Horn Point Laboratory
- (HPL) is an environmental research facility of the University of Maryland Center for Environmental Science.
Hudson Bay Project
- A long-term study of Arctic coastal tundra ecosystems.
Institute for Applied Ecology
- Conducts research on the conservation of natural resources in Oregon and beyond. Project descriptions, internship program, and links. Based in Corvallis, Oregon.
Institute for Biodiversity and Ecosystem Dynamics
- University of Amsterdam unit conducting education and research in the interactions between living organisms and their physical and chemical environment.
Institute for Tropical Ecology and Conservation
- A non-profit, education, research and conservation organization and operates the Bocas del Toro Biological Station in Panamá.
Institute of Landscape Ecology, Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic
- Research areas include physiological ecology, photobiology, environmental chemistry, remote sensing and GIS.
International Arctic Research Center
- The primary goals of the IARC are to study arctic climate change and its global feedbacks and consequences and to plan and carry out international cooperative arctic research of the highest possible quality.
International Association for Great Lakes Research (IAGLR)
- Group promotes Great Lakes and other large lakes research and disseminates scientific information through publications and conferences.
Joseph W. Jones Ecological Research Center
- The Joseph W. Jones Ecological Research Center is dedicated to providing a program of excellence in ecology and natural resource management that includes integrated research, education, and conservation goals.
Macaulay Land Use Research Institute
- Research on the physical, environmental, and social consequences of land use. Based in Aberdeen, UK.
Mid-Atlantic Region Ecological Observatory (MAREO)
- A research consortium of field stations and field research sites in the USA. Its objective is to understand ecological phenomena such as changes in land use, biodiversity, climate, invasive species, infections disease, and biogeochemical cycles.
Midcontinent Ecological Science Center
- US government center researching and developing technologies to understand and manage biological systems. Also inventory and monitor to assess biological status and trends. Fort Collins, Colorado.
Mountain Research Station
- Research facility devoted to the advancement of study of montane environmental science. The center supports research in biology, geography, and geology.
National Center for Ecological Analysis and Synthesis
- Based at the University of California, Santa Barbara, facilitates collaborative research on major fundamental and applied problems in ecology.
Natural Eco-Laboratory, Chilika Lake
- Chilika Lagoon, situated on east-coast of India, is a hotspot for biodiversity.
Natural Environment Research Council
- UK-based organization whose mission is to promote basic, strategic and applied research, survey, long-term environmental monitoring, and related postgraduate training.
Natural Resource Ecology Laboratory
- An interdisciplinary ecosystem science research center within the College of Natural Resources of Colorado State University (CSU).
NOAA Great Lakes Environmental Research Laboratory
- The NOAA Great Lakes Environmental Research Laboratory (GLERL)conducts integrated, interdisciplinary environmental research in support of resource management and environmental services in coastal and estuarine waters, with a special emphasis on the Great Lakes.
Nova Scotia Public Lands Ecology Action Centre
- Involved in the integrated resource management of Nova Scotia's unprotected lands covering 1.2 million hectares.
Open University: Ecology and Evolution Research Group
- Research areas include genetic variation within subdivided populations, gene flow, sensitivity of plants to soil moisture status and tropical butterfly communities.
Organization for Tropical Studies, Costa Rica
- Programs for undergraduate and graduate students in tropical biology. Includes an overview of its facilities, information databases, courses, conservation activities, and volunteer opportunities.
Organization of Biological Field Stations
- An association of more than 200 field stations and professionals concerned with field facilities for biological research and education, primarily in North America and Central America. This site provides links to OBFS member stations.
ORNL Environmental Sciences Division (ESD)
- Center for ecological and environmental research, at Oak Ridge National Laboratory (US)
Pan-American Center for Earth & Environmental Studies
- A multi-disciplinary research center at the University of Texas addressing vital environmental, ecological, and social issues resulting from the proximity of the U.S. and Mexico.
PNNL Ecology Group
- Undertakes research activities in aquatic and terrestrial ecosystems. Develops integrated ecological resource assessments, restoration and management tools, and ecological research techniques, including statistical design and predictive modeling and mapping of sensitive habitats.
Prince William Sound Science Center
- Independent, non-profit research organization located in Cordova, Alaska. The research program covers the ecology of the region, emphasizing the long-term diversity and sustainability of resources upon which local people depend.
Remote Environmental Assessment Laboratory
- Aims to investigate the relationship between in field sensors and the laboratory where the data is used by analysts for assessing environmental status and health.
Richard B. Gump Moorea Field Station
- UC Berkeley Gump Field Station based in French Polynesia and Moorea.
Smithsonian Environmental Research Center
- Ecological research center in Edgewater, Maryland, on the shore of Chesapeake Bay. Uses the geographic features of the largest estuary in the U.S. to investigate interconnections of physical and biotic components of complex landscapes.
South Florida Information Access
- Discusses research by the US Geological Survey's South Florida Ecosystem Program. Includes studies of hydrology, cycling of mercury contamination, coastal wetlands , and other areas of environmental concern.
Southern Research Station, US Forest Service
- conducts research on forest resources and ecosystem and environmental quality in the southern United States.
SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry
- State University of New York at Syracuse
Taiga Biological Station
- Abstracts and annual reports from over 20 years of university biology research on various biological aspects of the northern boreal forest at Wallace Lake, Manitoba, Canada.
Tall Timbers Research Station
- Conducts research aimed at providing practical solutions to land management problems, and to provide basic insights into how southern pine forests function as dynamic ecosystems. E.V. Komarek Fire Ecology Database online. Located in Northern Florida and Southern Georgia.
Tulane/Xavier Center for Bioenvironmental Research
- Collaboration between two U.S. universities with the goal to prevent disease in humans and ecosystems.
Universidad de la Laguna: Plant Ecophysiology Group
- Research is focused on the ecophysiology of the laurel forest, the Canarian pine tree, Pinus canariensis, and tagasaste, a legume used as fodder.
University of Florida Center for Natural Resources
- The Center was established in 1973 as a multi-disciplinary unit, separate from but affiliated with numerous IFAS departments and research and extension facilities throughout Florida.
The University of Oklahoma Biological Station
- A permanent field station for research and study in ecology and field biology.
Urban Ecology Research Project
- Research and education in urban ecology at the University of Washington at Seattle. Data, models, research, projects and courses in urban ecology.
Walker Branch Watershed Research Program
- The site of long-term, intensive environmental studies since the mid-1960's by staff from Oak Ridge National Laboratory the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration in Oak Ridge, Tennessee, centered primarily on the geologic and hydrologic processes that control the amounts and chemistry of water moving through the watershed.
Yellowstone Ecological Research Center
- Private, non-profit organization committed to long-term, ecosystem-wide research in the greater Yellowstone area.
Research Groups and Centers
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 25, 2015 at 4:24:41 UTC -