become an editor
the entire directory
only in Ecology/Fire_Ecology
Open Directory - Science: Biology: Ecology: Fire Ecology
Science: Earth Sciences: Natural Disasters and Hazards: Wildfires
California Chaparral Field Institute
- Non-profit research and educational organization studying the chaparral biome, Mediterranean climates, and wildfire.
California-Nevada-Hawaii Forest Fire Council
- Information and networking on issues of wildland fire control and land management policies.
E.V. Komarek Fire Ecology Database
- Large bibliography covering applications of prescribed burning, control of wildfires, and other topics in fire ecology. International in scope with emphasis on North America.
- Information from Wikipedia on the ecological effects of wildfires.
Fire Ecology Research
- Description of research being done by Western Ecological Research Center scientists in the Sierra Nevada forests, the California shrublands and the Mojave and Sonoran deserts.
Fire Effects Information System (FEIS)
- Up-to-date information about fire effects on plants and animals of North America, developed at the USDA Forest Service Rocky Mountain Research Station's Fire Sciences Laboratory in Missoula, Montana.
International Journal of Wildland Fire
- Publishes papers on the principles of fire as a process, its ecological impact, modelling fire and its effects, or presenting information on how to effectively and efficiently manage fire.
- This edition of The Why Files examines the role of fire in natural systems, and the role of science in understanding wildfires.
Yellowstone National Park: Fire Ecology
- Article providing a history of wildland fires in the Park, the factors necessary for fires to take hold and the effects of fires on different tree species.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: March 20, 2013 at 6:15:03 UTC -