become an editor
the entire directory
only in Marine/Research_Centers
Open Directory - Science: Biology: Ecology: Ecosystems: Marine: Research Centers
Science: Biology: Ecology: Aquatic Ecology: Research Centers
Science: Earth Sciences: Oceanography: Research Groups and Centers
Science: Environment: Organizations: Marine
ARC Centre of Excellence for Coral Reef Studies
- The centre undertakes integrated research for the sustainable use and management of coral reefs. Information is available on current research projects, latest news, staff, employment opportunities, and publications.
Belize Coastal Zone Management Authority and Institute
- This Coastal Zone Management Authority and Institute (CZMAI) website is intended to advise, educate and promote action on your part to become involved in the management of Belize's wealth of coastal resources.
Belle W. Baruch Institute for Marine Biology & Coastal Research
- University of South Carolina center conducts basic and applied research in marine and coastal environments.
Bowdoin College, Coastal Studies Center
- On the shores of the shore of Harpswell Sound, Maine, this research lab hosts research mainly by students and faculty of Bowdoin College.
Center for Coastal Studies, Texas A&M, Corpus Christi
- Interdisciplinary marine research institute primarily focused upon the Gulf of Mexico
Center for Tropical Marine Ecology, ZMT
- Research and training institution at the University of Bremen, Germany. Projects, programs, pertners, contact information.
Centre for Ecology, Evolution and Conservation (CEEC)
- University of East Anglia's research department. They specialise in Behavioural Ecology; Contaminated Environments, Chemical and Ecosystem Ecology; Molecular Ecology and Evolution; and Conservation.
CRC Reef Research Center (Australia)
- Supports reef research and outreach programs, with an emphasis on science-based development of reef-friendly industry, government regulations and planning. Focus is on Great Barrier Reef.
Department of Marine Ecology
- Göteborg University: details of research projects.
Florida Fish and Wildlife Research Institute
- Conducts applied research and provides synthesized information used for management of marine and freshwater resources. Florida, USA.
Friday Harbor Labs
- A marine lab on San Juan, Island, WA. This large facility is owned by the University of Washington and provides students with opportunities for both research and classroom learning.
Institute for Tropical Marine Ecology - West Indies
- Academic programs in marine ecology, research and conservation.
Laboratório de Ecologia Marinha e Estuarina
- Official site of the Marine and Estuarine Ecology Laboratory of the University of Aveiro, Portugal. The research facilities and activities of the lab are described and the publications listed. The Biological Research Collection of Marine Invertebrates is housed here.
Marine Biology and Ecology Research Group - Plymouth
- University of Plymouth researchers engaged in cross-system ecological research. Includes publications list and other information about staff, projects, and interests.
Marine Biology College, Tondoba Bay
- MBC, at the southern end of the Egyptian Red Sea, is combining public awareness with reef conservation and environmental protection projects. It provides short marine biology courses where participants can participate in Reef Check, a global survey of coral reefs.
Marine Science Institute, UC Santa Barbara
- The research activity of MSI spans a broad reach that ranges from global to local studies of important processes in the world's oceans.
One Tree Island Research Station
- University of Sydney's research station on the Great Barrier Reef, Australia.
- Scientific expeditions to Indonesia, Honduras, Egypt, Cuba, Peru and South Africa focused on coral reef and rainforest conservation. Detailed information on the projects, prices, fundraising, and locations is available.
Research at the Alfred Wegener Institute
- Information on the research being undertaken at Alfred Wegener Institute for Polar and Marine Research at Bremerhaven, Germany which include marine, coastal and polar systems and infrastructure.
Rutgers University Marine Field Station
- In New Jersey, across from the Little Egg Inlet in the Mullica River-Great Bay estuary. Conducts research from the upper reaches of the drainage basin, down through the estuary, to the inner continental shelf, where a Long-Term Ecosystem Observatory has been established.
Scripps Institution of Oceanography - Marine Biology Research Division (MBRD)
- MBRD provides specialist marine research laboratories in the fields of cell and developmental biology, ecology and evolutionary biology, microbiology and physiology with opportunities for graduate study.
Shannon Point Marine Center
- Western Washington University’s instructional and research field station located at Shannon Point in Anacortes, Washington.
The University of Essex Coral Reef Research Unit
- Cross-disciplinary research unit within the Biological Science Department, University of Essex, focused upon studying the ecology of coral reef systems, tropical seagrass beds, mangroves, and fisheries
Whale Shark and Oceanic Research Center
- The Whale Shark & Oceanic Research Center (WSORC) operates one of the few, year-round whale shark monitoring and research centers in the world from the island of Utila off the coast of Honduras.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: April 20, 2013 at 3:15:26 UTC -