become an editor
the entire directory
only in Grasslands,_Savannas_and_Shrublands/Temperate
Grasslands, Savannas and Shrublands
Open Directory - Science: Biology: Ecology: Ecosystems: Grasslands, Savannas and Shrublands: Temperate
Grasslands Conservation Council of British Columbia
- BC Grasslands is dedicated to the stewardship and conservation of the rare and beautiful grasslands in this province.
- A 90-acre portion of the great prairies which covered one third of Minnesota before 1850. Juniper and oak forest the river side of the prairie, which lies on the bluffs of the Minnesota River Valley in south central Minnesota. Set aside as a preserved prairie ecosystem in 1984, virgin prairie remains untouched and areas changed by grazing are returning to their natural state through careful management.
Konza Prairie Long-Term Ecological Research
- A comprehensive ecological research, education and outreach program, at Konza Prairie Biological Station, centered around one of the most productive grasslands in North America – the tallgrass prairie.
Midewin National Tallgrass Prairie
- Describes the largest prairie east of the Mississippi River, including natural history, visitor information, field notes, gallery of photos, a downloadable restoration plan and quarterly publication about this prairie.
Northern Prairie Biological Resources
- Plants and animals of the U.S. northern Great Plains. Species identification, population declines, searchable by type, taxon, or geography.
Prairie Conservation Forum
- The PCF is the successor to the Prairie Conservation Coordinating Committee (PCCC), which was established by the Government of Alberta in 1989 to convey Alberta’s support and commitment in implementing the Prairie Conservation Action Plan: 1989-94 (PCAP). This plan, prepared under the auspices of World Wildlife Fund Canada, provided a 5-year strategy for conserving, protecting and managing native prairie and parkland species, communities and habitats in Canada’s three prairie provinces.
Tall Grass Prairies of Illinois
- Introduction to different kinds of tallgrass prairies in Illinois, describing their history, animals and plants. Includes many photos of prairie plants.
- This action oriented network of organizations and individuals seeks to identify, conserve, manage and restore tallgrass prairie, savanna and related ecological communities in Ontario, Canada.
A Thousand and One Prairies
- Provides a directory of over a thousand external links to prairie within the United States and Canada.
Tussock Grassland Management Information System
- Information about the ecology and management of the tussock grasslands of New Zealand.
Wikipedia - Temperate grasslands, savannas, and shrublands
- Short description and a list of ecoregions around the world that are part of this biome.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Tuesday, January 29, 2013 3:24:02 AM EST -