become an editor
the entire directory
only in Ecosystems/Estuarine
Science: Biology: Ecology: Aquatic Ecology
Science: Biology: Ecology: Ecosystems: Freshwater
Science: Biology: Ecology: Ecosystems: Marine
Barataria Terrebonne National Estuary Program
- BTNEP is a non-profit organization supported by a group of universities that seeks to rebuild and protect the estuarine system between the Atchafalaya and Mississippi Rivers.
Chesapeake Bay Program
- The regional partnership that's been leading and directing the restoration of the Chesapeake Bay since 1983.
Coastal America Partnership National Web Site
- Coastal America is a partnership among federal, state and local governments and private alliances to collaboratively address environmental problems along our nation's shoreline.
Coastal Eelgrass Habitats of Rhode Island
- Interactive maps of Rhode Island eelgrass habitats, with downloadable GIS data, and policy and regulations pertaining to seagrass in RI.
Dynamics Of The Salt Marsh
- A introduction to salt marshes, their dynamics and biology, and the importance of their conservation.
The Ecology of Salt Marsh Communities
- A short bibliography of references on salt marsh plant communities.
Elkhorn Slough Foundation
- Nonprofit organization working to preserve the slough in Monterey county in California. Includes natural history, research and education projects.
The Hudson River Estuary Program
- Information about this major estuarine system of New York state and activities to study and protect it.
ICEM Research Theme
- Description of the JEI's research theme on integrated coastal and estuarine management (ICEM); Thames Estuary Project.
- A study of the loss, and containment of, the coastal wetland habitat along Louisiana's coast.
Morro Bay National Estuary Program
- Supports the most significant wetland system on California's south-central coast which provides habitat for a number of endangered and/or threatened species.
National Estuarine Research Reserve System
- U.S. network of protected areas for investigation of the health of the nation's estuaries and coastal habitats. Includes profiles of the reserves and information about research and monitoring.
National Estuarine Research Reserve System Centralized Data Management Office
- Source for monitoring data from the U.S. nationwide estuary-research network.
National Estuary Program
- Information about US government efforts to restore coastal water quality and habitats.
NOAA Coastal Services Center
- Their mission is to foster and sustain the environmental and economic well being of the nation's coast by linking people, information, and technology.
North Carolina Coastal Reserve and National Estuarine Research Reserve
- Provides information on this large estuarine area, the research being done there, educational programs and the coastal training program.
Office of Ocean and Coastal Resource Management
- Their mission is to achieve the conservation and responsible management of coastal and ocean ecosystems. The Division provides technical, programmatic and financial assistance and advocates comprehensive resource management.
Office of Wetlands, Oceans, and Watersheds
- Protecting coastal watersheds and marine resources.
Red Tides in Western Gulf of Maine
- Describes U.S. Geological Survey studies on sources, transport, and nutrient environment for these phytoplankton blooms, which can be harmful.
Restoration and Creation of Saltmarshes and Other Intertidal Habitats
- Information on created saltmarshes in the UK, and an extensive bibliography of published work.
Restore America's Estuaries
- A national coalition of 11 regional, coastal community-based environmental organizations with a combined membership of over 250,000 citizens.
Southeastern Estuarine Research Society (SEERS)
- Objectives are the informal discussion and exchange of ideas dealing with estuarine and related research problems, related to the southeastern United States.
- Environmental Protection Agency. A manual specifically designed for volunteers to assist in monitoring the environmental health of estuaries.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: November 10, 2013 at 7:05:08 UTC -