become an editor
the entire directory
only in Ecosystems/Caves
Recreation: Outdoors: Caving
Science: Biology: Flora and Fauna
Science: Earth Sciences: Geology: Geomorphology: Caves and Karst
- Illinois Natural History Survey web site. Within caves a diverse biota may be found, exhibiting varying degrees of adaptation to the subterranean environment. Information and links about cave habitats and fauna, as well as cave protection and related topics.
Anchialine Caves and Cave Fauna
- Research on the diversity, significance and distribution of cave animals in anchialine caves -- coastal caves formed in limestone or volcanic rock and flooded with seawater.
- Dr Jayant Biswas describes his research into biospeleology, the branch of science that deals with the study of cave organisms, and provides a forum, image gallery and newsletter.
- Video clips of cave organisms and interviews with scientists about cave biology, with transcripts in English, Spanish and Chinese
Caving Canada: Biospeleology in Canada and on the WWW
- Includes a directory of biospeleology researchers worldwide, Canadian cave biology directory, and many internet links.
- Exhaustive collection of information about groundwater and cave biology. Checklist and bibliography for most taxa, distribution maps, images and useful links. Updated regularly.
Island Karst Research
- Studies of bats and other cave biota on Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada.
- Reports from field investigations of biology in the underwater caves of northern Mexico.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: March 11, 2015 at 10:05:05 UTC -