become an editor
the entire directory
only in Ecology/Ecosystems
Open Directory - Science: Biology: Ecology: Ecosystems
Grasslands, Savannas and Shrublands
Science: Biology: Ecology: Research Groups and Centers: Long-Term Ecological Research Network - LTER
Science: Environment: Biodiversity: Ecosystem Biodiversity
Society: Issues: Environment: Conservation and Endangered Species: Ecosystems and Habitats
This category in other languages:
Biodiversity and Mutualism in Ecosystems
- Technical paper on the importance of biodiversity and mutualism (co-operation between different species) to ecosystem function and structural organization.
Biomes - Living Worlds
- Fact sheets, photos, and video clips on the climate, location, animal and plant adaptations, land formations, and human influences of seven major terrestrial biomes: tundra, taiga, temperate forest, grassland, chaparral, desert, and rainforest.
Comprehensive Protected Areas System Composition and Monitoring
- IUCN task force report on methods for optimizing national protected areas systems that maximise species conservation through targeted selection based on broadly accepted ecological principles. [PDF]
Ecosystems Classification and Mapping
- The World Institute for Conservation and Environment, WICE, provides information, tools and resources.
Images of the Dry Tropics
- Photographs of plants, animals, and landscapes from dry tropical habitats in the Americas, Africa, Madagascar, and Asia. Dry tropical habitat types include tropical dry forest, tropical deciduous forest, thorn forest, spiny desert, savannah, cerrado, and caatinga.
Len Webb Ecological Images Collection
- Photographs by ecologist Len Webb depict a wide variety of native vegetation, fauna, landscapes, and soils, mainly in tropical and subtropical Northeastern Australia. Represents a wide range of ecosystem types.
- Descriptions and images of the biomes of the world, freshwater ecosystems, and marine ecosystems. From the Missouri Botanical Garden.
Millennium Ecosystem Assessment
- Report of a scientific appraisal of the condition and trends in the world’s ecosystems and the services they provide, as well as the scientific basis for action to conserve and use them sustainability.
Terrestrial Ecoregions of the World
The Principles of the Transboundary System of Nature Environment Protection: The Upper Bug
- Project to protect the ecosystems of the Western Bug basin, on the boundary between Poland and Ukraine, by collaboration between the two countries.
The World's Biomes
- Introduction to aquatic, desert, forest, grassland, and tundra biomes. School class project.
- Covering five of the major world biomes.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Saturday, February 12, 2011 7:23:05 AM EST -