become an editor
the entire directory
only in Ecology/Associations
Open Directory - Science: Biology: Ecology: Associations
Science: Biology: Organizations
Science: Earth Sciences: Organizations
Science: Environment: Organizations: Professional Associations
Society: Issues: Environment: Organizations
This category in other languages:
Association of Applied IPM Ecologists
- The association aims to provide farmers and horticulturalists with information on effective and practical methods of effective pest control with a minimum impact on the environment.
Association of Local Government Ecologists
- Represents professional ecologists working in local government in the UK.
British Ecological Society
- Promotes the science of ecology through research, publications and conferences and uses the findings of research to educate the public and to influence policy decisions which involve ecological matters.
Central Rockies Chapter of the Society for Ecological Restoration
- Organization information and conference plans. Chapter covers Colorado, New Mexico, and Wyoming.
Ecological Society of America
- Works to promote ecological science by improving communication among ecologists; raising public awareness; increasing the resources available for ecological science; and ensuring the appropriate use of ecological science in environmental decision making.
Ecological Society of Australia
- Promotes ecological research and communication through publications and conferences. Contains links to ecological resources.
The George Wright Society
- A nonprofit association of researchers, managers, administrators, educators, and other professionals who work on behalf of the scientific and heritage values of protected areas.
International Association for Landscape Ecology - U.S. Regional Association
- Purpose is to promote the interdisciplinary research and communication among scientists, planners, and other professionals concerned with landscape ecology.
International Society of Chemical Ecology
- Dedicated to the study of chemical mechanisms which help control intra- and interspecific interactions among living beings, including pheromones and semiochemicals. Organization news and information, position announcements, and journal and conference information.
New Zealand Ecological Society (Inc.)
- Formed to promote the study of ecology and the application of ecological knowledge in all its aspects. Attempts to encourage ecological research and increase awareness and understanding of ecological principles.
Organization of Biological Field Stations
- Includes more than 200 field stations and professionals concerned with field facilities for biological research and education, primarily in North America and Central America. Provides information about the LTER network, links member stations
Physiological Ecology Section, ESA
- Section of the Ecological Society of America to promote research, teaching, and communication in physiological ecology of both animals and plants. Section news and events, positions available, and links to resources used by physiological ecologists.
Sino-Ecologists Club Overseas
- Organization for Chinese ecologists based outside of China.
Society for Ecological Restoration (SER)
- International professional membership organization for people researching, practicing or interested in Ecological Restoration.
Southern African Institute of Ecologists and Environmental Scientists
- Information about activities, membership, ethics, certification.
Southwestern Association of Naturalists
- Promotes the field study of plants and animals (living and fossil) in the southwestern United States, Mexico, and Central America and to aid in the scientific activities of its members.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: December 1, 2012 at 10:54:02 UTC -