become an editor
the entire directory
only in Cryobiology/Cryonics
Health: Aging: Anti-Aging
Science: Technology: Nanotechnology
Society: Future: Transhumanism
This category in other languages:
Alcor Life Extension Foundation (Cryonics)
- Site for major cryonics organization in Scottsdale AZ. Includes a lot of information, including an on-line photo-tour of the building and of the cryonics process.
American Cryonics Society
- The oldest Cryonics membership organization; founded in 1969 as the Bay Area Cryonics Society. In Mountain View CA. Offers background information, articles and theories.
Anders Sandberg's Cryonics Page
- An extensive list of links to cryonics articles and to European sites related to cryonics.
Ben Best's Cryonics Articles
- Primarily dealing with technical issues in cryonics.
BioPreservation, Inc. - Cryopreservation Services
- A series of technical papers on cryopreservation research.
Brain Death and Technological Change: Personal Identity, Neural Prostheses and Uploading
- A far-seeing but technical paper by James J. Hughes, prepared for the Second International Symposium on Brain Death. Date unclear, but 1996 or later. Includes discussion of cryonics and nanotechnology.
Can Cryopreservation Solve the Abortion Problem?
- A thoughtful article by Thomas Gramstad which examines the social implications of preserving aborted embryos. From Longevity Report.
Cold Filter Cryonics Chat
- Lively discussions of cryonics, cryogenics, cryobiology, life extension, transhumanism, death, and related issues.
CryoCare Foundation - Cryonics Services
- CryoCare Foundation offers cryonics services. Includes an explanation of cryonics, with a library of articles.
CryoNet - Cryonics Mailing List
- A free discussion mailing list on cryonics-related issues. May also be read on-line; posts accepted from subscribers only. Searchable archives are available from the list's beginning in 1988.
- Ralph Merkle's cryonics introduction. Short but requires some knowledge of cryonics already.
Cryonics -- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Up-to-date answers to basic cryonics questions. A good starting point. By Ben Best.
Cryonics and Cryptography
- "Cryonics, Cryptography, and Maximum Likelihood Estimation," a paper by Ralph Merkle, Ph.D.
- Support and discussion group based in Sussex, UK, for people in Britain and the rest of Europe who are signed up for cryopreservation.
Cryonics Institute: Cryonics Suspension Services
- Cryonic suspension services and information. Much of the text is also available in Spanish, French, German, Italian, and Portuguese by clicking on the appropriate button. This organization was founded by Robert Ettinger, the "father" of cryonics.
The Cryonics Society
- A non-profit organization that aims to educate and inform the general public about cryonics. Does not provide cryonics services and is not affiliated with any service organization.
The Cryonics Society of Canada
- For education and to organize cryonics in Canada. Does not provide cryonics services.
Danish Cryonics Support Group
- The DCSG consists primarily of Danish members of the Cryonics Institute (CI) and those interested in becoming members of a suspension organization. The site is in both English and Danish.
An Exploratory Survey Examining the Familiarity With and Attitudes Toward Cryonic Preservation
- A paper examining the results of a consumer survey on cryonics. By W. Scott Badger, from "The Journal of Evolution and Technology," December, 1998.
- Human hibernation project. Offers the possibility of preserving all body tissues in an unchanged quality for a long time, in the expectation that the world will be a better place to live 50 years from now. Multilingual.
- Russian company offering cryonics services, located in Alabushevo near Moscow, founded in 2005. In Russian and English.
Life Extension Society
- A cryonics public education organization in the Maryland/D.C. area. Not a service provider.
Long Life -- The Cryonics Institute E-Newsletter
- Free news, updates, and links about the latest scientific, medical, health, anti-aging, and social developments relevant to CI's goal of saving, preserving, and extending human lives.
- John DeRivaz's British site for cryonics, life extension, and the future.
Trans Time, Inc. -- Cryonics Services
- A cryonics service provider in San Leandro, California.
Was Walt Disney Frozen?
- The truth (no, he wasn't) with the legends behind the myth.
Yahoo! Groups : ConsideringCryonics
- An on-line discussion group for those who are considering joining a cryonics organization but are worried about what their friends and family might think.
Would Freezing Ted Williams Work?
- From ABCNEWS.com, an article on the cryonic suspension of Ted Williams by the Alcor Foundation and asking if the technology might work. (July 09, 2004)
Usenet sci.cryonics -
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: November 14, 2014 at 11:15:07 UTC -