become an editor
the entire directory
only in Cryobiology/Cryonics
Open Directory - Science: Biology: Cryobiology: Cryonics
Health: Aging: Anti-Aging
Science: Technology: Nanotechnology
Society: Future: Transhumanism
This category in other languages:
Alcor Life Extension Foundation (Cryonics)
- Site for major cryonics organization in Scottsdale AZ. Includes a lot of information, including an on-line photo-tour of the building and of the cryonics process.
American Cryonics Society
- The oldest Cryonics membership organization; founded in 1969 as the Bay Area Cryonics Society. In Mountain View CA. Offers background information, articles and theories.
An Exploratory Survey Examining the Familiarity With and Attitudes Toward Cryonic Preservation
- A paper examining the results of a consumer survey on cryonics. By W. Scott Badger, from "The Journal of Evolution and Technology," December, 1998.
Anders Sandberg's Cryonics Page
- An extensive list of links to cryonics articles and to European sites related to cryonics.
Ben Best's Cryonics Articles
- Primarily dealing with technical issues in cryonics.
BioPreservation, Inc. - Cryopreservation Services
- A series of technical papers on cryopreservation research.
Brain Death and Technological Change: Personal Identity, Neural Prostheses and Uploading
- A far-seeing but technical paper by James J. Hughes, prepared for the Second International Symposium on Brain Death. Date unclear, but 1996 or later. Includes discussion of cryonics and nanotechnology.
Can Cryopreservation Solve the Abortion Problem?
- A thoughtful article by Thomas Gramstad which examines the social implications of preserving aborted embryos. From Longevity Report.
Cold Filter Cryonics Chat
- Lively discussions of cryonics, cryogenics, cryobiology, life extension, transhumanism, death, and related issues.
CryoCare Foundation - Cryonics Services
- CryoCare Foundation offers cryonics services. Includes an explanation of cryonics, with a library of articles.
CryoNet - Cryonics Mailing List
- A free discussion mailing list on cryonics-related issues. May also be read on-line; posts accepted from subscribers only. Searchable archives are available from the list's beginning in 1988.
- Ralph Merkle's cryonics introduction. Short but requires some knowledge of cryonics already.
Cryonics -- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Up-to-date answers to basic cryonics questions. A good starting point. By Ben Best.
- Support and discussion group based in Sussex, UK, for people in Britain and the rest of Europe who are signed up for cryopreservation.
Cryonics Institute: Cryonics Suspension Services
- Cryonic suspension services and information. Much of the text is also available in Spanish, French, German, Italian, and Portuguese by clicking on the appropriate button. This organization was founded by Robert Ettinger, the "father" of cryonics.
- Site for information and discussion of cryonics in the United Kingdom. Provides standby assistance to its members who have signed up with a cryonics service provider.
Cryonics and Cryptography
- "Cryonics, Cryptography, and Maximum Likelihood Estimation," a paper by Ralph Merkle, Ph.D.
Danish Cryonics Support Group
- The DCSG consists primarily of Danish members of the Cryonics Institute (CI) and those interested in becoming members of a suspension organization. The site is in both English and Danish.
Depressed Metabolism: What is Cryonics?
- Article by Aschwin de Wolf about using low temperatures to care for the critically ill.
Frozen Dead Guy Days
- The official site of a winter festival held annually in march in the mountain town of Nederland, Colorado. A bit weird, since the Nederlands city government actively worked to oust Bredo Morstoel (the "frozen dead guy") from their town several years ago. But there he still sits, now the frozen centerpiece of a festival.
- Human hibernation project. Offers the possibility of preserving all body tissues in an unchanged quality for a long time, in the expectation that the world will be a better place to live 50 years from now. Multilingual.
- Russian company offering cryonics services, located in Alabushevo near Moscow, founded in 2005. In Russian and English.
Life Extension Society
- A cryonics public education organization in the Maryland/D.C. area. Not a service provider.
Long Life -- The Cryonics Institute E-Newsletter
- Free news, updates, and links about the latest scientific, medical, health, anti-aging, and social developments relevant to CI's goal of saving, preserving, and extending human lives.
- John DeRivaz's British site for cryonics, life extension, and the future.
The Cryonics Society
- A non-profit organization that aims to educate and inform the general public about cryonics. Does not provide cryonics services and is not affiliated with any service organization.
The Cryonics Society of Canada
- For education and to organize cryonics in Canada. Does not provide cryonics services.
Trans Time, Inc. -- Cryonics Services
- A cryonics service provider in San Leandro, California.
Was Walt Disney Frozen?
- The truth (no, he wasn't) with the legends behind the myth.
Yahoo! Groups : ConsideringCryonics
- An on-line discussion group for those who are considering joining a cryonics organization but are worried about what their friends and family might think.
Would Freezing Ted Williams Work?
- From ABCNEWS.com, an article on the cryonic suspension of Ted Williams by the Alcor Foundation and asking if the technology might work. (July 09, 2004)
Cryonics Over Dead Geeks' Bodies
- Wired News article by Michelle Delio, based on an interview with Heather Pringle, author of the new book: "The Mummy Congress: Science, Obsession and the Everlasting Dead". (July 20, 2001)
Usenet sci.cryonics -
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Saturday, June 26, 2010 6:35:12 PM EDT -