become an editor
the entire directory
only in Cell_Biology/Signal_Transduction
AfCS-Nature Signaling Gateway
- Joint resource from Alliance for Cellular Signaling, featuring meetings, workshops, primary research papers, reviews, database of molecules and protein data, updated in Durham, NC and editorial office at Nature Publishing Group, London, UK. Full access requires registration.
- Bioluminescence-related information, and current research on luminescence. Mainly marine related including jellyfish.
Cardiovascular Research Institute
- Studies on regulation of cell polarity during chemotaxis, using combination of biochemical techniques, reverse genetics and live imaging to dissect the feedback circuits. Includes history and programs at University of California, San Francisco.
- Experimental research over two decades into the question of whether cells have a central signal integration system, including author profile, at Northwestern University, Evanston, IL.
Cell Signaling Pathways
- Educational resource to browse or download powerpoint slides, on apoptosis, cell cycle, cytokines, growth factors, gene regulation, ion channels, neurotransmission, and the role of nitric oxide. Links to technical support and customer services of Sigma-Aldrich Co.
Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
- Phospho-specific Antibodies and other Innovative Discovery Tools for Cell Signaling Research.
- Hobbies, interests and academic work on the physiological, pathological and neurotransmitter roles of glutamate in the central nervous system. Includes publications in PDF, guest-book of English scientist working in Frankfurt, Germany.
- Overview of the receptor interaction and intracellular pathway, focusing on the role of nitric oxide, and their clinical relevance. Includes diagrams, animations, links to related pages and free access publications.
- Studies on signal transduction by phosphoinositides in mammalian cells. Includes research, publications, photosd of personnel, related links and location at University of California, San Diego.
The Holmgren Lab
- Research focused on the Hedgehog (Hh) signaling pathway, in development of invertebrate and vertebrate appendages, and differentiation in the fruit fly. Includes glossary with information on other pathways, publications linked to NML, staff photos and contacts at Northwestern University, Evanston, IL.
KEGG Pathway Database
- A collection of graphical pathway maps, ortholog group tables, and molecular catalogs. Includes a few signaling pathway maps related to medical conditions.
Levin and Buck Lab
- Research on bicarbonate regulation of second messenger cAMP pathway, publications, related links and staff contacts at Department of Pharmacology, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York City.
Publicover Research Group
- Signaling studies in human bone cell and sperm, before fertilization at University of Birmingham, UK.
Receptors, Signaling and Proteomics
- Research on growth factor transforming and GPI-linked receptors, with links to relevant references. Includes profiles of group members at NRC Biotechnology Research Institute, Canada.
- Overview the role of free radicals and other electronically-activated as cellular messengers, and its relevance to human disease conditions in stroke and alopecia.
- International network of researchers developing comprehensive multidisciplinary models of neurons and neural systems, using the olfactory receptors pathway as a model, arranged as six databases, maintained at Yale University.
- Wikiedia provides information on this process which involves ordered sequences of biochemical reactions inside cells carried out by enzymes, resulting in a signal transduction pathway.
Signal Transduction in the Nervous System
- Signal Transduction Laboratory at East Carolina University Brody School of Medicine. Research focuses on signaling pathways activated in the nervous system during development, disease and aging.
Signal Transduction Knowledge Environment
- Resources in the field offered by Science Online. Requires registration, and subscription fee for most content.
- Updated pathway diagrams assembled by in-house scientists and outside experts to provide succinct and current overviews of selected signaling pathways - informational resource from Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: September 3, 2015 at 10:35:08 UTC -