become an editor
the entire directory
only in Publications/Journals
Science: Biology: Biochemistry and Molecular Biology: Publications: Journals
Science: Biology: Publications: Journals
- Biweekly publication of exceptional research articles in areas including molecular biology, biochemistry, cancer research, cell biology, developmental biology, genetics, immunology, microbiology, neurobiology, plant biology, structural biology and virology.
- Clinical and diagnostic cytology and applied cell research and its methodology.
- Structural biochemistry of cells and tissues, a forum for the cytochemical and histochemical research community in the life sciences.
Acta Histochemica et Cytochemica
- Articles and site in Japanese, with access to TOC and abstracts in English.
Annual Review of Cell and Developmental Biology
- Provides systematic, periodic examinations of scholarly advances through critical authoritative reviews.
- Aims to stimulate both research on the basis of mechanisms of apoptosis and on its role in various human disease processes.
Biochimica et Biophysica Acta Molecular Cell Research
- Focuses on cellular processes at the molecular level, including trafficking, regulation of the secretory and endocytic pathways, sorting and targetting, organisation and dynamics of cytoskeletal structures, cellular interactions, cell cycle regulation, cell/tissue differentiation and cellular enzymology.
Biology of the Cell
- Publishes original findings and reviews concerning the structure and function of cells, organelles and macromolecular assemblies.
- Articles related to cell surface function - including biochemical genetics, development, pharmacology, endocrinology, and immunology. Available online.
Cell and Tissue Banking
- Banking and transplantation of cells and tissues: basic research, clinical applications.
Cell and Tissue Research
- Articles and reviews in the areas of molecular, cell, and supracellular biology.
Cell Biology and Toxicology
- Articles on basic cell biology along with physiological, pharmacological, and toxic response of cellular and subcellular systems.
Cell Biology International
- Reports of experimental findings related to structure and function especially where the findings are seen in a whole cell (physiological) context. Official publication of the International Federation for Cell Biology.
Cell Communication and Adhesion
- Covers all aspects of receptor-based cell recognition and signaling: understanding of the molecular basis of cell behavior as influenced by the interaction of cells with one another and with the extracellular environment including extracellular matrix, cytokines and chemotactic factors.
Cell Death and Differentiation
- Sample issue, and searchable archive of monthly abstracts since 1997, with PDF of articles available to subscribers. Includes instruction to authors and customer services at Nature, London, UK.
Cell Growth and Differentiation
- Original studies that address any aspect of the molecular biology of cell growth and differentiation, particularly as it relates to oncogenesis.
Cell Health and Cytoskeleton
- Journal focusing on cell structure and function and its connection to cellular dysfunction leading to adverse conditions and disease. Provides access to original research articles, author guidelines, and journal contact information.
Cell Stress and Chaperones
- Basic and applied research on cellular stress responses of animals, microorganisms and plants.
Cellular and Molecular Biology Letters
- Papers on biochemistry, molecular biology, cellular biology, physiology and biophysics as well as general and applied biotechnology.
Cellular and Molecular Neurobiology
- Research articles concerned with the analysis of neuronal and brain function at the cellular and subcellular levels.
- Articles concerned with the immunological activities of cells in experimental or clinical situations.
- Papers covering all aspects of mechanisms, actions and structural components of cellular signalling systems.
Cloning and Stem Cells
- Quarterly journal publishing peer-reviewed papers on stem cells, germ line genetic engineering, tissue regeneration, transgenics and nuclear transfer.
Connective Tissue Research
- Research articles in all basic areas of connective tissue and matrix biology.
Current Advances in Cell & Developmental Biology
- A monthly current literature searching service, which covers many areas of cell biology.
Current Opinion in Cell Biology
- Reviews in cell biology including cell regulation, cell division, contacts, apoptosis and membrane biology. Available online.
- Embraces all aspects of analytical cytology: characterization and measurement of cells and cellular constitutents for biological, diagnostic, and therapeutic purposes.
- Articles concerning all phenomena related to cell motility, including structural, biochemical, biophysical, and theoretical approaches.
- A central repository for information on both the infrastructure of cell technology and the applied use of cell cultures, thus providing a panoramic perspective of the many facets and disciplines needed to develop successful cell cultures. Available online.
Development Genes and Evolution
- The journal reports on experimental work at the systemic, cellular and molecular levels in the field of animal and plant systems.
- Differentiation of eukaryotes at the molecular level, and the use of transgenic and targeted mutagenesis approaches to problems of differentiation are of particular interest to the journal. Journal of the International Society of Differentiation.
DNA and Cell Biology
- Topics include cellular, biochemical and molecular aspects of gene structure and function, cell cycle, apoptosis and immunology.
- Multidisciplinary biomedical journal on endothelial cell research, dedicated to the rapid turnaround of significant basic and clinical research on the endothelium.
European Cells and Materials Journal
- ECM offers free access to abstracts and full text in PDF of peer-reviewed papers. Provided as the official journal of Swiss Society for Biomaterials and Tissue and Cell Engineering Society. Includes online submission and related links.
European Journal of Cell Biology
- Papers on the structure, function and macromolecular organization of cells and cell components focussing on cellular dynamics, motility and differentiation.
Experimental Cell Research
- Studies on the general organization and activity of cells from the molecular level to the level of cell interaction and differentiation.
Histochemistry and Cell Biology
- Journal devoted specifically to molecular histology and cell biology. Articles dealing with the localization and identification of molecular components, metabolic activities and cell biological aspects of cells and tissues.
- Electronic journal, with original articles and reviews on stem cell research and ethics.
Journal of Bioenergetics and Biomembranes
- Fundamental knowledge in the areas of bioenergetics, membranes, and transport, including oxidative phosphorylation, photosynthesis, muscle contraction, and biomembranes.
Journal of Cell Biology
- Online version of the Journal of Cell Biology (Rockefeller University Press).
Journal of Cell Science
- Covers a range of topics in contemporary cell biology. Published by The Company of Biologists Ltd.
Journal of Cellular Physiology
- Articles in all areas of eukaryotic cell biology and physiology: regulation of growth and differentiation by growth factors and cytokines, signal transduction by growth factors, cytokines and their cognate receptors.l
Journal of Histochemistry and Cytochemistry
- The official Journal of the Histochemical Society. Papers that report the development of new histochemical and cytochemical methods.
Journal of Membrane Biology
- Papers on the nature, the structure, genesis and functions of biological membranes, and on the physics and chemistry of artificial membranes with a bearing on biomembranes.
Journal of Muscle Research and Cell Motility
- Excitation and contraction of muscle, analysis of the processes involved, and the processes underlying cell contractility and motility.
Journal of Structural Biology
- Structural analysis of living material at every level of organization by all methods: light microscopy including confocal microscopy, electron microscopy, NMR, X-ray diffraction.
Mechanisms of Development
- Characterization of molecular mechanisms underlying development processes: embryogenesis, pattern formation, cell determination and differentiation, specification of tissue type, targetted disruptions of developmental control genes, transcription factors in development, regulatory hierarchies of gene expression, cell-cell communication and signal transduction in development, as well as post-transcriptional controls of developmental processes.
Membrane and Cell Biology
- Experimental and theoretical work on the physics, chemistry, and biology of membranes at the molecular and cellular levels.
Methods in Cell Science
- A forum for publishing the most up-to-date methods developed during the course of cell science research involving vertebrates, invertebrates, plants or single-celled prokaryotic or eukaryotic organisms. Available online.
Molecular and Cellular Biology
- An authoritative source of fundamental knowledge and new developments in all aspects of the molecular biology of eukaryotic cells.
Molecular and Cellular Endocrinology
- Articles related to the biochemical effects, synthesis and secretions of extracellular signals (hormones, and neurotransmitters) and to the understanding of cellular regulatory mechanisms involved in hormonal control.
Molecular Biology of the Cell
- Articles concerning the molecular aspects of cell structure and function. Published by the American Society for Cell Biology (ASCB).
- A companion to cell. Abstracts available online.
- Monthly journal publishing original research that utilizes molecular techniques in the study of specific diseases.
Molecules and Cells
- Devoted to the advancement and dissemination of fundamental knowledge concerning the molecular biology of cells. Official publication of the Korean Society for Molecular Biology (KSMB).
Nature Cell Biology
- Articles and research papers on cell division, cell structure, animal and plant cell biology and cell cycles.
Nature Reviews Molecular Cell Biology
- Reviews and Perspectives articles on a broad range of topics in the combined fields of Molecular Biology and Cell Biology.
- Archives of abstracts since 1997, of the rapid communications of scientific investigation in chemical and biological research. Full text available to subscribers at Elsevier Science BV, The Netherlands.
Progress in Histochemistry and Cytochemistry
- Reviews within the entire field of histochemistry and cytochemistry. Methodological contributions as well as papers in the fields of applied histo- and cytochemistry (e.g. cell biology, pathology, clinical disciplines).
- An international journal of cell biology, which specializes in the areas between microscopic anatomy and molecular biology where new approaches integrate structural and functional studies at molecular, biochemical and physiological levels.
Receptors and Channels
- Covers all aspects of original research on receptors and ion channels and the related signalling elements, at the levels of molecular biology and genetics, biochemistry, physical analysis, molecular modelling, immunochemistry, molecular pharmacology and electrophysiology.
Seminars in Cell and Developmental Biology
- Review journal dedicated to developments in the field of molecular cell biology.
Signal Transduction - Receptors, Mediators and Genes
- Journal for critical discussions in the multifaceted field of signal transduction mechanisms.
Somatic Cell and Molecular Genetics
- Research in the fields of cellular and molecular genetics of higher eukaryotic systems.
Stem Cell Research News
- Daily online news reports and biweekly PDF publication on stem cell research business, scientific breakthroughs, commercialization, legislation, regulation, litigation, ethics debate.
Tissue and Cell
- Devoted to original research on the organization of cells, their components and extracellular products, at all levels including the grouping and interrelations of cells, in tissues and organs.
Trends in Cell Biology
- News and reviews monitor the breadth and depth of current research in cell biology, reporting on new developments as they happen and integrating methods, disciplines and principles.
Trends in Molecular Medicine
- Formerly Molecular Medicine Today. Articles on the genetic basis of disease.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: May 5, 2016 at 7:05:05 UTC -