become an editor
the entire directory
only in Botany/Seed_Biology
Products and Services
Business: Agriculture and Forestry: Field Crops: Seed
Science: Biology: Developmental Biology
Science: Biology: Flora and Fauna: Plantae: Magnoliophyta
Field Studies of Seed Biology
- Abstract on land management, linking to PDF of handbook from the forest science program, published by the British Columbia Ministry of Forests.
IJBP Seed Biology Laboratory
- Research on biosynthesis and role of abscisic acid in physiology, metabolism and maturation of the seed, identification of genes involved in germination control, and development in Arabidopsis. Administered by INRA at Versailles, France.
Laboratory of Bob Goldberg: Seed Institute
- Multi-campus organization coordinated, with databases maintained at the Department of Molecular, Cell, Developmental Biology, University of California, Los Angeles.
Millennium Seed Bank Project
- International collaborative conservation initiative to protect plant species against extinction. Includes resources for developing techniques for processing, testing and banking for partners, housed in West Sussex, for the Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew, UK.
Oregon State University: Integrative Seed Biology
- Overview of research on carrot, tomato, and using the Arabidopsis model, producing the seed-GUS-expression lines. Includes undergraduate program, and other learning opportunities at Corvallis.
- Details of program and research at the Department of Horticulture and Crop Science, The Ohio State University.
Seed Biology Place
- Explains anatomy, germination, dormancy, after-ripening, including ß-1,3-glucanase biochemistry during endosperm rupture and coat-enhanced dormancy of tobacco. Includes PDF of publications from Albert Ludwigs University, Freiburg, Germany.
- Identification database containing pictures and descriptions all of the seeds required to pass the Registered Seed Technologists examination and the Association of Official Seed Analyst's Certification. Maintained by Colorado State University Seed Programs.
- Provides information on a proteomic study of Arabidopsis thaliana covering the biochemical and genetic mechanisms that control seed dormancy and seed longevity, and that regulate the transition from quiescence to highly active metabolism during germination and seedling establishment.
Seed Science Research
- Official journal of the International Society for Seed Science, publishing original papers and review articles on the physiology, biochemistry, molecular biology and ecology of seeds.
University of Kentucky: Seed Biology
- Degree programs and research on physiology of germination, dormancy, molecular genetics for applications in horticulture and agriculture. Includes dissertation list, and overview of the faculty at Lexington.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: December 18, 2014 at 10:45:37 UTC -