become an editor
the entire directory
only in Botany/Plant_Physiology
Plant Molecular Biology
The Environment in Agriculture
Science: Biology: Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
Science: Biology: Cell Biology
- List of educational photosynthesis sites, includes links on the history of photosynthesis research and researchers.
Plant Physiology Online
- An online companion to "Plant Physiology, Third Edition" by Lincoln Taiz and Eduardo Zeiger. Includes Essays, Topics in Plant Physiology, Study Questions and Further Readings.
Cadmium accumulation in durum wheat
- Summary of research exploring the physiological basis for high accumulation of cadmium (Cd) in durum wheat grain.
- The Flowering Newsletter is an online publication from the International Working Group on Flowering and aims to speedily report on research dealing with the flowering process.
Natural Environmental Research Council - UK
- News involving NERC, funding opportunities, details of NERC funded science and research centers.
- This web site is not designed to be a comprehensive presentation on nitrogen fixation, but rather it is intended as a forum to present informative images that are not otherwise easily available.
An Outline of an Alternative Theory of Plant Hormones
- This site lists Plant Hormones and their characteristics and goes on to try to provide unifying 'reasons' for their effects. It is not part of current scientific thinking.
- The Photosynthesis Center at Arizona State University is a multidisciplinary group doing research in several areas of photosynthesis. Also, links to many other related sites.
- This page gives an introduction to phototropism (a plant's response to light).
- A herbalist's site but contains useful information on a range of compounds synthesized by plants. Currently incomplete.
Plant ecophysiology and palaeoenvironment
- Personal commentary on the application of stable isotopes to forest/crop ecophysiology and palaeoeenvironmental studies.
- Information on plant hormones from the University of Bristol, UK.
Plant Physiology Section of the Botanical Institute at the University of Basel
- This sections contains research groups working on: ethylene, mycorrhiza, fructans and other areas.
- Well-executed, time-lapse, QuickTime movies of plant growth and development - from Indiana Univ.
- Dedicated to plant environmental stress in agriculture and biology. The site contains news, announcements, events, original articles, a reference database, files and presentations, biotech issues, more than 400 linked web resources and a bulletin board.
Seed Biology Place
- Explains anatomy, germination, dormancy, after-ripening, including ß-1,3-glucanase biochemistry during endosperm rupture and coat-enhanced dormancy of tobacco. Includes PDF of publications from Albert Ludwigs University, Freiburg, Germany.
- Includes a link to a PDF book chapter on Tannin chemistry.
Utah State University Crop Physiology Lab
- The CPL is primarily funded by NASA and most research is dedicated towards optimizing the growth of several plant species, including wheat, soybean, rice, lettuce, tomatoes, radishes, and carrots for use in bio-regenerative life support systems. The lab is also involved in several non-NASA related research projects, including phytoremediation and phytotoxicity experiments.
Waltraud's Carnivorous Plants Homepage
- Nutrient acquisition by different species of carnivorous plants.
Usenet bionet.ecology.physiology -
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 2, 2007 at 17:59:32 UTC -