become an editor
the entire directory
only in Botany/Herbaria
- Global directory of public herbaria and staff, presented by the New York Botanical Garden. Searchable database, listing contact information, important holdings, approximate size, and staff for each facility.
George Safford Torrey Herbarium
- Searchable index of plants, plus information on the institution, which was started in 1915 and is located on the campus of the University of Connecticut in Storrs.
Herbarium (RNG), The University of Reading, UK.
- An institution in which can be found both teaching and research opportunities. The Herbarium of the University is part of the School of Plant Sciences.
Michigan State University Herbarium
- Descriptions of the over 530,000 specimens, hours, and loan/exchange policies. Located in East Lansing.
National Herbarium Nederland
- Information about the research themes and training undertaken at the national herbarium of the Netherlands, with links to the three contributary universities.
National Herbarium of Trinidad and Tobago
- Collection of scientific plant specimens, and some of the history behind one of the oldest Herbaria in the New World.
Oregon State University Herbarium
- The OSU Herbarium is a large collection of Oregon and Pacific Northwest plants. Provides links to the specimen database, type specimen images and literature, and the Oregon Flora Project.
Rocky Mountain Herbarium
- Facility of the University of Wyoming in Laramie, featuring the largest collection of plant specimens native to the Rocky Mountain area. Information about visiting, collections, and floristic research.
Thomas M. Pullen Herbarium
- Collection of specimens from the southeastern U.S. at University of Mississippi, covering vascular plants, slime molds, bryophytes, and lichens. Searchable database of holdings.
University of Florida Herbarium (FLAS)
- The herbarium and the associated paleobotanical collection have combined holdings of approximately 1/2 million specimens. Includes library search, catalog, and project information.
University of Tennessee Herbarium
- Databases of fungi, bryophytes, and vascular plants in the collection, located in Knoxville.
Utah State University: Intermountain Herbarium
- Housed on the campus in Logan, the herbarium holds collections of plants and fungi, with a particular emphasis on grasses. Information about holdings, projects, identification resources, and education.
Wisconsin State Herbarium
- A museum collection of dried, labeled plants of state, national and international importance, which is used extensively for taxonomic and ecological research, as well as for teaching and public service. It contains the world's largest collection of Wisconsin plants, about one-third of its 1,000,000 specimens having been collected within the state.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 2, 2007 at 17:59:31 UTC -