become an editor
the entire directory
only in Botany/Ethnobotany
Health: Alternative: Herbs
Recreation: Food: Wild Foods
Science: Social Sciences: Anthropology
Society: Religion and Spirituality: Shamanism
The African Journal of Ethnobiology
- AJE is a peer-reviewed interdisciplinary forum for the dissemination of ethnoscientific information and related activities providing access to books, full text articles, research reports and abstracts.
BioFiC-Planta / EtnobotCat
- Group of researchers from the Botanical Institute of Barcelona and the Université de Paris-Sud. Research covers two main themes, biosystematics and ethnobotanical studies. Spanish and English.
By the Prophet of the Earth - Ethnobotany of the Pima
- A complete online version of the original printed book by L.S.M. Curtin.
Center for International Ethnomedicinal Education and Research
- Ethnobotanical resource directory includes discussion forum, listserve, project and online course information, as well as articles, publications, schools and societies of interest.
Central Africa Medicinal Plants Database
- A searchable and browsable medicinal plant database for uses of traditional veterinarian and human medicines in Africa.
Dr. Andrew Weil
- Brief biography of the doctor for whom psilocybe weilii was named. Includes comments on his research and data on the chemical components of the mushroom.
Economic Importance and Ethnobotany of Palm Trees
- Includes articles on the various ethnobotanical uses of palm trees.
Ethno-Mycology of the World
- Provides an overview of fungi and includes information on their use as tools, for food and in medicine and their psychoactive properties.
- An international web journal for ethnobotanical research articles.
- Information from Wikipedia on this branch of botany that studies the relationships that exist between people and plants.
Ethnobotany - Access Excellence
- Defines the science, explains plant classification, offers articles on medicinal and food plants of Central and South America, and proposes classroom activities for high-school biology students.
Ethnobotany and Paleoethnobotany Bibliography
- A comprehensive bibliography of ethnobotanical literature, listed by author and subject grouping.
- A suggested introductory reading list from the Centre for Economic Botany, the Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew, London.
Ethnobotany Research and Applications E-Journal
- A free online journal of current research in ethnobotany.
Ethnomedicinals for Research and Development
- Information on the use of herbs and other natural products in biochemistry, pharmacology, and traditional medicine.
- A database of flora in the Celtic countries and regions of Europe. It includes traditional knowledge and uses of plants.
Flora Ontario Integrated Botanical Information System
- FOIBIS is a searchable database of more than 4700 species, including vascular plants, bryophytes and lichens. It includes information on ethnobotanical uses.
Hawaiian Ethnobotany Online Database
- A database of plants traditionally used in Hawaiian culture, with specific information on medicinal and non-medicinal uses. Listed by Hawaiian names or by species names.
The Hidden Gifts of Nature by Sigrid Leger
- Description of plant usage by the San people in West Bushmanland (Namibia) for food, medicine, tools, and decoration.
International Society for Ethnopharmacology
- The Journal of Ethnopharmacology, which publishes papers on medicinal and other useful indigenous plants as well as their bioactive compounds.
Journal of Ethnobiology and Ethnomedicine
- An open access, online journal of ethnosciences. Includes topics in medicinal and cultural uses of plants.
A Library of Western Amazonia Ethnobotany, Shamanism and Ayahuasca
- A variety of articles exploring ethnobotany and shamanic healing practices in western Amazonia.
- An ethnobotanical study of eastern Peru.
A Modern Herbal
- First published in 1931 by Mrs. M. Grieve, the online version of this book contains medicinal, culinary, cosmetic and economic properties, cultivation and folk-lore of herbs.
Mongabay Ethnobotany Blog
- A news blog on ethnobotany from an environmental science and conservation news site.
- The ethnobotanical work of Dr. Deepak Acharya, including full text of papers and pictures of Patalkot valley, India.
People and Plants
- A partnership between the WWF and UNESCO, in association with the Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew, producing a programme of capacity-building in ethnobotany applied to conservation and the sustainable use of plant resources.
Phytochemical and Ethnobotanical Databases
- Search plants by chemical, activity or ethnobotanical use. Includes list of browsable databases and rainforest information.
Plants for a Future
- Resource centre for edible, medicinal, and other useful plants.
Psilocybe cubensis/Psilocybe subcubensis
- Materia medica of the psychoactive mushroom used by natives of subtropical regions.
- Brief history of Parker's role in the spread of Christian peyotism. Includes plant description and recommended reading list.
Research Department, Missouri Botanical Garden
- Describes current research, including ethnobotany, medicinal botany, traditional uses of plants, and bioprospecting. Also: research policy, discoveries, DNA-banking, Chatham Fellowship, staff, and links.
Sacred Earth Ethnobotany
- Articles, resources, and links.
Society for Economic Botany
- Fosters scientific research, education, and related activities on the past, present, and future uses of plants, and the relationship between plants and people.
Society of Ethnobiology
- A nonprofit professional organization dedicated to the interdisciplinary study of the relationships of plants and animals with human cultures worldwide.
Tico Ethnobotanical Dictionary
- Alphabetical listing by scientific name. Includes brief descriptions of usage and identifies cultures in which each plant is of interest.
Traditional Ecological Knowledge Prior Art Database
- An index and search engine of existing Internet-based, public domain documentation concerning indigenous knowledge and plant species uses.
Tropical Plant Database
- Searchable list of plants from the Amazon rainforest, by common or botanical name, action, ailment, properties or ethnic uses.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 23, 2015 at 1:54:13 UTC -