become an editor
the entire directory
only in Botany/Ethnobotany
Health: Alternative: Herbs
Recreation: Food: Wild Foods
Science: Social Sciences: Anthropology
Society: Religion and Spirituality: Shamanism
BioFiC-Planta / EtnobotCat
- Group of researchers from the Botanical Institute of Barcelona and the Université de Paris-Sud. Research covers two main themes, biosystematics and ethnobotanical studies. Spanish and English.
By the Prophet of the Earth - Ethnobotany of the Pima
- A complete online version of the original printed book by L.S.M. Curtin.
Center for International Ethnomedicinal Education and Research
- Ethnobotanical resource directory includes discussion forum, listserve, project and online course information, as well as articles, publications, schools and societies of interest.
Central Africa Medicinal Plants Database
- A searchable and browsable medicinal plant database for uses of traditional veterinarian and human medicines in Africa.
Dr. Andrew Weil
- Brief biography of the doctor for whom psilocybe weilii was named. Includes comments on his research and data on the chemical components of the mushroom.
Ethno-Mycology of the World
- Provides an overview of fungi and includes information on their use as tools, for food and in medicine and their psychoactive properties.
- An international web journal for ethnobotanical research articles.
- Information from Wikipedia on this branch of botany that studies the relationships that exist between people and plants.
Ethnobotany - Access Excellence
- Defines the science, explains plant classification, offers articles on medicinal and food plants of Central and South America, and proposes classroom activities for high-school biology students.
Ethnobotany and Paleoethnobotany Bibliography
- A comprehensive bibliography of ethnobotanical literature, listed by author and subject grouping.
- A suggested introductory reading list from the Centre for Economic Botany, the Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew, London.
Ethnobotany Research and Applications E-Journal
- A free online journal of current research in ethnobotany.
Ethnomedicinals for Research and Development
- Information on the use of herbs and other natural products in biochemistry, pharmacology, and traditional medicine.
- A database of flora in the Celtic countries and regions of Europe. It includes traditional knowledge and uses of plants.
Flora Ontario Integrated Botanical Information System
- FOIBIS is a searchable database of more than 4700 species, including vascular plants, bryophytes and lichens. It includes information on ethnobotanical uses.
The Hidden Gifts of Nature by Sigrid Leger
- Description of plant usage by the San people in West Bushmanland (Namibia) for food, medicine, tools, and decoration.
International Society for Ethnopharmacology
- The Journal of Ethnopharmacology, which publishes papers on medicinal and other useful indigenous plants as well as their bioactive compounds.
Journal of Ethnobiology and Ethnomedicine
- An open access, online journal of ethnosciences. Includes topics in medicinal and cultural uses of plants.
A Library of Western Amazonia Ethnobotany, Shamanism and Ayahuasca
- A variety of articles exploring ethnobotany and shamanic healing practices in western Amazonia.
- An ethnobotanical study of eastern Peru.
A Modern Herbal
- First published in 1931 by Mrs. M. Grieve, the online version of this book contains medicinal, culinary, cosmetic and economic properties, cultivation and folk-lore of herbs.
- The ethnobotanical work of Dr. Deepak Acharya, including full text of papers and pictures of Patalkot valley, India.
People and Plants
- A partnership between the WWF and UNESCO, in association with the Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew, producing a programme of capacity-building in ethnobotany applied to conservation and the sustainable use of plant resources.
Phytochemical and Ethnobotanical Databases
- Search plants by chemical, activity or ethnobotanical use. Includes list of browsable databases and rainforest information.
Plants for a Future
- Resource centre for edible, medicinal, and other useful plants.
Psilocybe cubensis/Psilocybe subcubensis
- Materia medica of the psychoactive mushroom used by natives of subtropical regions.
- Brief history of Parker's role in the spread of Christian peyotism. Includes plant description and recommended reading list.
Research Department, Missouri Botanical Garden
- Describes current research, including ethnobotany, medicinal botany, traditional uses of plants, and bioprospecting. Also: research policy, discoveries, DNA-banking, Chatham Fellowship, staff, and links.
Sacred Earth Ethnobotany
- Articles, resources, and links.
Society for Economic Botany
- Fosters scientific research, education, and related activities on the past, present, and future uses of plants, and the relationship between plants and people.
Society of Ethnobiology
- A nonprofit professional organization dedicated to the interdisciplinary study of the relationships of plants and animals with human cultures worldwide.
Tico Ethnobotanical Dictionary
- Alphabetical listing by scientific name. Includes brief descriptions of usage and identifies cultures in which each plant is of interest.
Traditional Ecological Knowledge Prior Art Database
- An index and search engine of existing Internet-based, public domain documentation concerning indigenous knowledge and plant species uses.
Tropical Plant Database
- Searchable list of plants from the Amazon rainforest, by common or botanical name, action, ailment, properties or ethnic uses.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: August 27, 2015 at 14:45:09 UTC -