become an editor
the entire directory
only in Botany/Dendrology
Open Directory - Science: Biology: Botany: Dendrology
Business: Agriculture and Forestry
Home: Gardening: Plants: Trees
Science: Agriculture: Forestry
Science: Biology: Ecology: Ecosystems: Forest
Science: Environment: Biodiversity: Conservation: Plants: Trees
Science: Environment: Forests and Rainforests
The American Woods
- Wood sections of 350 North American trees from the 14-volume book The American Woods, published between 1888 and 1910 by Romeyn Beck Hough.
The Ancient Bristlecone Pine
- Dedicated to the oldest-known living tree, growing in the White Mountains in east central California. Information about the location, dendrochronology, photo gallery, and bibliography.
- Information from Wikipedia on tree-ring dating which is a scientific method of dating based on the analysis of tree-ring growth patterns.
- Information from Wikipedia on the study of woody plants including trees, shrubs and lianas.
Forest Biology and Dendrology at Virginia Tech
- Information about courses, trees, and forest biology. Includes tree ID fact sheets on over 900 species of trees.
Silvics of North America
- Compendium of research papers describing the characteristics and distribution of important broadleaf and coniferous forest trees of the United States and Canada, plus many of the native and naturalized trees of Mexico, the Caribbean Islands, and Hawaii. Compiled over several decades by USDA Forest Service scientists.
- Site for The Dendrologist, a quarterly magazine. Also contains tree tips and a record of the dates of upcoming dendrology events in the UK.
Tree Root Architecture, Root Dynamics and Rhizosphere Processes
- Information on research into tree root architecture, tree root growth and tree stability.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: March 8, 2013 at 14:16:51 UTC -