become an editor
the entire directory
only in North_America/United_States
Botanical Gardens and Arboreta
Home: Gardening: Gardens: Public: United States
Alaska Botanical Garden
- Calendar of events, information about educational programs, volunteer opportunities, and membership information. Anchorage, Alaska, USA.
Alta Vista Botanical Gardens
- Community botanical garden of the world's rarest and most unusual plants in themed environments, bringing together art, people, and nature. City of Vista, California.
The Arboretum at Flagstaff
- 200-acre arboretum in a ponderosa pine forest. Guided tours, gift shop, nature trails, endangered plants and animals and cultivated gardens. Flagstaff, Arizona, USA.
- A research and educational institution. It manages a collection of hardy trees, shrubs, and vines located on 265 acres and associated herbarium and library collections. Boston, Massachusetts, USA.
Bartlett Arboretum and Gardens
- Contains thousands of plants, including several champion trees, and features a pond, swamp, and stream. North Stamford, Connecticut, USA.
Bellingrath Gardens and Home
- A public garden located on the Isle aux Oies River. Features seasonal blooms and offers river cruises. Theodore, Alabama, USA.
Betty Ford Alpine Gardens
- Calendar of events, information about programs, and collections policy. Vail, Colorado, USA.
Birmingham Botanical Gardens
- Volunteer based organisation promoting public knowledge of plants and gardens. Provides an image gallery. Birmingham, Alabama, US
Botanical Garden of the Ozarks
- Photos, calendar of events, volunteer opportunities, membership information, and a list of members. Fayetteville, Arkansas, USA.
Boyce Thompson Arboretum
- A visit to the southwest USA's leading desert arboretum. The site is fully described and a photo tour of the arboretum has been included. Superior, Arizona.
The Brenton Arboretum
- Features trees, shrubs, animal life, and wetlands. Includes news, birding information, volunteer opportunities, and photos. Located in Dallas Center, Iowa, USA.
Brooklyn Botanic Garden
- Offers news, virtual tour, programs, events, articles, shopping, research, and information for visitors. New York.
Buffalo and Erie County Botanical Gardens
- 1900 tri-domed glass conservatory designed by Frederick Law Olmsted, Victorian Gardens. History, education programmes, events, virtual tour. Buffalo, NY, USA.
Cedar Valley Arboretum and Botanic Gardens
- Featured gardens and special events. Waterloo, IA, USA.
The Chicago Botanic Garden
- An Illinois Botanic Museum. Gardens, plants, flowers, greenhouses, educational classes, plant information. Events, visitor and membership information. Chicago, IL, USA.
Connecticut College Arboretum
- Research in a broad range of subjects including ecology, field biology, conservation, and natural history. The hundreds of acres of land are also important as a refuge for native plants and animals. Herbarium specimens collected in New England, with an emphasis on Connecticut. New London, CT, USA.
- The purposes of Cornell Plantations are: To hold, manage, protect, and enhance the living botanical collections and the natural areas and gorges of Cornell for the benefit and use of the university community and the public. Ithaca, New York, USA.
Cylburn Arboretum Association
- The Association's mission is to assist Baltimore City in preserving Cylburn's grounds and buildings through horticultural and educational programs. Cylburn Arboretum is the city's horticultural headquarters. Baltimore, Maryland, USA.
The Dallas Arboretum
- Visitor and member information, educational programmes, map. Dallas, TX, USA.
The Darwin Project: Building Boston's Botanical Garden
- Mission is to create a world renowned Botanical Garden and Conservation Learning Center in the heart of Boston, Massachusetts, USA.
The Dawes Arboretum
- Includes 1,149 acres of plant collections and natural areas. Events, reports, collections, visitor information. Newark, Ohio, USA.
Denver Botanic Gardens
- Offers garden directory, hours and admissions, exhibits and tours, botanical information and growing guide, and special events. Denver, Colorado, USA.
Desert Botanical Garden
- Founded in 1937, is a living museum dedicated to desert lands research and education. Phoenix, Arizona, USA.
Dothan Area Botanical Gardens
- 50-acre partially wooded park designed to preserve the early southern garden in an environment that presents native plants in an attractive balance with traditional botanical garden elements. Dothan, Alabama, USA.
- Plant collection, events, virtual tour. Midland, Michigan, USA.
Dubuque Arboretum and Botanical Gardens
- Calendar of events, photos, and information on facility rental. Dubuque, Iowa, USA.
Fairchild Tropical Garden
- Extensive collections of rare tropical plants including palms, cycads, flowering trees and vines. Miami, Florida, USA.
Fort Worth Botanic Garden
- The oldest botanic garden in Texas, a 109-acre living museum displaying over 2,500 species of native and exotic plants. Fort Worth, Texas, USA.
- Non-profit arboretum and botanical garden at California State University, Fullerton. Community resource for ecological, horticultural, and historical education. Visitor information, maps, plant database.
Georgeson Botanical Garden
- Also conducts joint research on cold hardiness of fern species and cultivars. Virtual tour, information about classes offered, volunteer opportunities, and membership information. Also offers a children's garden. Fairbanks, Alaska, USA.
Hawaii Tropical Botanical Garden
- The Garden features spectacular coastline, waterfalls in a deep palm jungle, sunny areas filled with tropical flowers. It presents a very wide variety of tropical rainforest habitats within a relatively small area that is easily accessible by gravel paths.
Houston Arboretum and Nature Center
- Calendar of events, list of activities, information about animal life, and volunteer opportunities. Houston, Texas, USA.
- A classic regional display garden, comprised entirely of plants, flowers and trees that grow in the dry Colorado climate. Offers numerous classes, workshops, field trips and tours for all ages, year round. Littleton, Colorado, USA.
Humboldt Botanical Gardens Foundation
- Information, photos and map of the 44.5 acre gardens. Eureka, California, USA.
Huntsville-Madison County Botanical Garden
- Virtual tour, calendar of events, news, volunteer opportunities, information about rental, and a list of classes and trips. Huntsville, Alabama, USA.
JC Raulston Arboretum
- Aims to enrich urban landscapes by promoting greater diversity of creative, environmentally sound landscapes. Calendar of events, virtual tour. Raleigh, North Carolina, USA.
Ladew Topiary Gardens
- Topiary and flower gardens plus a nature walk and historic home. Includes events calendar, history and rental information. Maryland.
- Horticultural laboratory and arboretum. Includes maps, FAQ, and information about tours. Milledgeville, Georgia, USA.
Los Angeles County Arboretum and Botanic Garden
- Its mission is to foster an awareness and appreciation of the role of plants in nature and in human affairs. Arcadia, CA, USA.
Milwaukee County Public Gardens and Nature Centers
- Online tours of Boerner Botanical Gardens and the Mitchell Park Horticultural Conservatory. Includes historical notes and visitor information. Milwaukee County, Wisconsin, USA.
Minnesota Landscape Arboretum
- Provides a community and national resource for horticultural and environmental information, research and public education. Develops and evaluates plants and horticultural practices for cold climates.
Missouri Botanical Garden
- Located on a 79 acre site in St. Louis, the Missouri Botanical Garden is world-renowned for its fundamental botanical research, horticultural display and education programs.
Missouri Botanical Garden: Plant Science
- World-leading botanical research and conservation institution documents its collection of plant specimens and associated images in TROPICOS and other databases.
Morris Arboretum of the University of Pennsylvania
- An interdisciplinary center that integrates art, science and the humanities.
The Morton Arboretum
- Collects and studies trees, shrubs, and other plants from around the world; features searchable plant information database, educational programs, gift shop, and membership, employment and volunteer opportunities. Lisle, Illinois, USA.
Mount Holyoke College Botanic Garden
- Greenhouse, gardens, and arboretum featuring several specialty gardens and collections. Information about education, research, and annual flower show. South Hadley, Massachusetts.
Mounts Botanical Garden - West Palm Beach
- Mounts is Palm Beach County's oldest and largest public garden. Our gardens and programs provide the best horticultural and botanical information available related to South Florida's unique plants and environment.
Naples Botanical Garden
- The garden will showcase an extensive collection of subtropical and tropical plants from countries as near as Cuba and as far as Indonesia, ranging from desert to rainforests. Naples, Florida.
National Tropical Botanical Garden
- The garden is engaged in the struggle to save the tropical plant world, which is under threat from all sides. This work is carried out through active programs in collection, propagation, conservation, research and education. Hawaii.
New Jersey Botanical Garden - Skylands
- Official botanic gardens of New Jersey. 96 acres in size. Visitor info, events, specialty gardens, tours and history of the gardens.
The New York Botanical Garden
- Garden includes 28 speciality gardens including the Enid A. Haupt Conservatory, Everett Children's Adventure Garden, and a 40-acre never been clear cut forest. Bronx, New York, USA.
- Mission: To heighten the awareness of human relationships with the environment by considering issues of renewable natural resources conservation. Michigan, USA>
North Carolina Botanical Garden
- A regional center for research, conservation, and interpretation of plants located in Chapel Hill, NC.
Oklahoma Botanical Garden and Arboretum
- Garden background, visitor info, events, photos, resources and information on their role in the marketing and promotion of horticulture and landscape architecture. Oklahoma, USA.
Phipps Conservatory and Botanical Gardens
- Pittsburgh (Pennsylvania, USA) institution with indoor and outdoor collections. History, photo tour of the gardens, database of species, and information about research, educational classes, and special exhibits and events.
- Located in San Diego, California. A home garden in an interesting micro climate, has desert garden and rain forest. Directions, photos, background and "whimsical things".
Quad City Botanical Center
- Award-winning Sun Garden blooms with exotic tropical flowers, 14-foot waterfall and reflecting pools. Outdoor gardens feature magnificent conifer collection, thousands of spring bulbs, colorful, rare perennials and annuals, children's interactive features. Garden festivals, gift shop, art shows, guided group tours with reservations, banquet rooms, and ample parking. Rock Island, Illinois, USA.
Quarryhill Botanical Garden
- This garden in Sonoma Valley, California, houses a large collection of scientifically documented temperate Asian plants.
Rancho Santa Ana Botanic Garden
- Located in Claremont, California, the Garden is home to 70,000 native Californian plants, representing 2,000 native species, hybrids and cultivars.
San Antonio Botanical Garden
- Offers educational events, programs, and classes year-round. San Antonio, Texas, USA.
San Diego Botanic Garden
- Garden features rare bamboo groves, desert gardens, a tropical rainforest, California native plants, Mediterranean climate landscapes, and a subtropical fruit garden. Information about visiting, volunteering, children's and adult events and classes. Encinitas, California, USA.
San Francisco Botanical Garden at Strybing Arboretum
- Features a spectacular array of plants from the world's Mediterranean and mild temperate climates, to high-elevation tropical cloud forests. San Francisco, USA.
SFA Mast Arboretum
- Arboretum of Steven F. Austin University, Texas. Information on the conservation, evaluation, and use of the native plants of the state.
Shangri La Botanical Gardens and Nature Center
- Includes history, photos, volunteer opportunities, and children's section. Orange, Texas, USA.
South Carolina Botanical Garden
- Information about activities and programs, virtual garden. Located in Clemson.
Starhill Forest Arboretum
- Official arboretum of Illinois College in Menard County. Focus primarily on trees.
The State Botanical Garden of Georgia
- Preserve with nature areas and trails. Includes maps, information about the collections, calendar of events, membership information, and volunteer opportunities. Athens, Georgia, USA.
Tucson Botanical Gardens
- Horticultural and ecological education. The garden encourages responsible environmental stewardship, and provides a setting for enjoyment, relaxation and renewal for residents and visitors. Tucson, Arizona.
United States Botanical Garden (USBG)
- The oldest continually operating botanic garden in the United States. Site offers background, event information, gift shop, and related links. Washington, DC, USA.
The United States National Arboretum
- Overview, events and education programs, specialty gardens and horticultural practices, research, support opportunities, and site search.
University of Arizona Arboretum
- History, how to get involved, calendar of events, and information about student projects. Tucson, Arizona, USA.
The University of California Botanical Garden
- Diverse collections are grown on a hilly site overlooking the Berkeley campus, near the San Francisco Bay.
University of California, Santa Cruz (UCSC) Arboretum
- The Arboretum occupies one of the most propitious horticultural sites in the world, part of the holdings of pioneer Henry Cowell. Climatic and topographic diversity allow experimentation with almost every species that might be grown along the coast between San Diego and Crescent City, and the diversity of the soils--the underlying rock includes granite, schist, limestone, and several types of sandstone--can scarcely be matched anywhere.
University of Connecticut Conservatory
- The department of ecology and evolutionary biology presents the greenhouse facilities, visiting information, research capabilities, and an index to basic data sheets for many of the plant holdings.
University of Delaware Botanic Gardens
- Virtual tour, volunteer and internship information.
University of South Florida Botanical Garden
- Plant displays, research, and education, representing and interpreting the diversity of the Earth's plant life for the academic community and the general public. Horticultural workshops and special plant sale events. Displays on palms, bromeliads, herbs, native, carnivorous plants, and riparian (wetland) forest, at the USF Tampa Campus.
University of Washington Medicinal Herb Garden
- A resource for herbalists, medics, and botanists. Hypertext tour and partial catalogue. Seattle, WA, USA.
University of Wisconsin-Madison Arboretum
- Includes photos of the Arboretum's native Wisconsin habitat restorations and Longenecker Gardens, seasonal events calendar, Naturalists' Notes, Earth Partnership for Schools (ecological restoration), curriculum resources, woodland database, research resources.
Warsaw Biblical Garden
- Religious themed botanical garden and public attractive. Features detailed plant information, photos, frequently asked questions and guestbook. Warsaw, Indiana, USA.
Zilker Botanical Garden
- Schedules and information about tours, projects, and education programs, as well as photo gallery and searchable type specimen register. Austin, Texas, USA.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: February 20, 2015 at 12:36:16 UTC -