become an editor
the entire directory
only in Botany/Associations
Open Directory - Science: Biology: Botany: Associations
Native Plant Societies
Science: Biology: Organizations
Science: Environment: Organizations
This category in other languages:
American Society of Plant Biologists (ASPB)
- To promote the growth and development of plant biology, to encourage and publish research in plant biology, and to promote the interests and growth of plant scientists in general
Australian Systematic Botany Society
- homepage for Australian systematic botany society, news, conferences and publications.
Botanical Society of America
- Promoting research and teaching in all fields of plant biology to facilitate cooperation among plant scientists worldwide and to disseminate knowledge of plants, algae and fungi. Links to the American Journal of Botany, Plant Science Bulletin, national meetings and symposia, and educational resources.
Botanical Society of the British Isles
- Founded in 1836, it is the major source of information on the status and distribution of British and Irish flowering plants and ferns.
California Botanical Society
- Systematics, ecology, evolution, and natural history of the plants of California and adjacent western North America. Publisher of the journal Madroño.
European Plant Science Organisation
- Independent non-profit academic organisation aiming to increase the impact and visibility of plant science across Europe. Includes news, information on membership, projects and a portal.
International Association for Plant Taxonomy
- Carries out projects of interest to systematists, especially those that require international cooperation.
International Association for Sexual Plant Reproduction Research
- IASPRR aims to stimulate scientific research in the field of plant reproduction and related subjects and promote the application of the results of such research in agriculture and forestry. Provides information on congresses, membership and the journal.
International Society of Environmental Botanists
- ISEB aims to promote and coordinate research on plants in relation to environmental pollution, encourage better interaction among researchers, teachers, and social activists and create awareness among governmental policy makers and industry leaders.
Muhlenberg Botanical Society
- Club based in Lancaster, Pennsylvania. Information about meetings and field trips, with an archive of newsletters.
Philadelphia Botanical Club
- Society presents its long history, meetings and field trips, herbarium, journal, and officers, with a membership form.
Southern Appalachian Botanical Society
- Organization for professional and amateur botanists interested in the flora of the Southern Appalachian Mountains. Includes tables of contents for the journal Castanea.
World Botanical Associates
- Organization formed to collect plants for pharmaceutical screening and research. Maintains a herbarium and issues taxonomic reports.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: May 11, 2013 at 7:54:10 UTC -