become an editor
the entire directory
only in Biotechnology/Stem_Cells
Umbilical Cell Storage
Ethical and Legal Issues
Products and Services
Research Groups and Centers
Science: Technology: Biomedical Engineering: Tissue Engineering
Society: Issues: Science and Technology: Biotechnology: Cloning
All Things Stem Cell
- A blog aiming to explore stem cell history, harvesting methods, uses in regenerative medicine, potential problems and recent news.
Cell Therapy News
- Promotes the field of cell therapy and facilitates the exchange of information and resources. Provides news and information on conferences, courses and jobs.
- Blog with news and discussion on stem cells, cloning, and bioethics.
- Explains what stem cells are, the difference between embryonic and adult stem cells, the function of bone marrow and its transplantation.
Mesenchymal Stem Cells
- Researchers at Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil have found that mesenchymal stem cells reside in virtually all post-natal organs and tissues.
Stem Cell Basics
- Primer providing basic information about stem cells.
Stem Cell Information
- Official resource about research, using human embryonic lines under Federal policy, eligibility criteria, funding opportunities for scientists. Includes FAQ maintained by the National Institutes of Health, Maryland.
Stem Cell News Blog
- A collection of articles about stem cells and research.
Stem Cell Treatments
- Wikipedia article providing information on this type of genetic medicine that introduces stem cells into damaged tissue in order to treat a disease or injury.
- Latest news on stem cell treatments and research in China. Includes a large number of blogs and accounts by patients of treatments they have received.
Stem Cells News
- Provides details about recent stem cell research.
Stem Cells Portal
- Aims to support stem cell research labs and societies worldwide, by offering access to a broad array of resources in one central location, and to aid in collaborations, discussion and networking.
BBC News: UK's First Hybrid Embryos Created
- Report on survival of embryos in which human DNA has replaced native genetic material in bovine ova, at Newcastle University. (April 01, 2008)
ABC News: Finnish Patient Gets New Jaw from Own Stem Cells
- Report that a bone transplant had been grown inside a patient from his stem cells, opening up new ways to treat severe tissue damage. (February 02, 2008)
UW-Madison Scientists Guide Human Skin Cells to Embryonic State
- Introduction to report by Yu and Thomson on developing eight undifferentiated pluripotent stem cell lines, using OCT4, SOX2, NANOG, and LIN28 to reprogram adult somatic fibroblasts. Includes links to related media coverage. (November 20, 2007)
Cloned Monkey Stem Cells Produced
- News article and comments on a report on the creation of embryonic cell-lines from cloned primate embryos. Published by Nature. (November 14, 2007)
Cloning of Human Stem Cells Speeds Up
- Introduction to an article describing work on patient specific cloning of stem cells. Seoul National University, South Korea. (May 19, 2005)
UK Scientists Clone Human Embryo
- Report on research involving introduction of DNA from embryonic stem cells, surviving in egg genome from 11 women, for three to five days, the country's first patient specific cells. Publication due in Reproductive and BioMedicine Online from Newcastle University. (May 19, 2005)
Crucial Human Cell Isolated, Multiplied
- Washington Post announcement of successful isolation of pluripotent human embryonic stem cells, independently at Wisconsin and Baltimore. (November 06, 1998)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: April 21, 2016 at 7:05:09 UTC -