become an editor
the entire directory
only in Biotechnology/Agriculture_and_Food
Agriculture and Food
Dairy and Red Meat Production
Genetically Modified Animals
Genetically Modified Corn and Maize
Genetically Modified Plants
Plant Tissue Culture
Products and Services
Science: Technology: Food Science
- Consumer information, including the Advisory Committee on Novel Foods and Processes, from the Food Standards Agency, UK.
Agricultural Biotechnology Council
- Umbrella group for the agricultural biotechnology industry in the UK which promotes the role of biotechnology in sustainable agriculture and acts as a source of information about agricultural biotechnology.
The Agriculture Network Information Center
- A voluntary partnership providing a range of agricultural information and news.
Belgian Biosafety Server
- Scientific aspects related to the biological safety of human activities carried out using pathogenic and/or genetically-modified organisms. Managed by the Scientific Institute of Public Health, Brussels.
- Biotechnology company devoted to the research, development and innovation of a range of biological products of benefit to farmers. Spanish and English.
- An education and information initiative for consumers and the media on the subject of crop biotechnology.
Database of the Safety and Benefits of Biotechnology
- CropLife International database of published papers and reviews demonstrating the benefits and safety implications associated with the use of agricultural biotechnology products.
European Federation of Biotechnology: Section on Biodiversity
- Resource for public debate on plant-made pharmaceuticals and GM foods. Includes news, activities, board membership based at Wageningen, the Netherlands.
FAO: Biotechnology in Food and Agriculture
- Features news articles, current projects, an electronic forum, meeting schedule and a glossary of terms.
- Not-for-profit organization supporting and managing large-scale genomics and proteomics research projects in the provinces of Saskatchewan and Manitoba for applications which include agriculture, animal and human health.
Information Systems for Biotechnology
- Resources pertaining to the development, testing and regulatory review of genetically modified plants, animals and microorganisms, to support the responsible use of products. Primarily within the USA, maintained at Virginia Tech, Blacksburg.
National Agricultural Biotechnology Council
- Not-for-profit consortium of agricultural research and teaching governmental agencies, institutions, universities in the USA. Sponsors meetings and forums to discuss issues, including the environment. Includes goals and contacts in Ithaca, New York.
Seed Biotechnology Center
- Promoting interaction between industry and the research and educational resources, in aspects such as plant breeding, genomics and regulating transgenic crops, at the University of California, Davis.
USDA: Agricultural Biotechnology
- One of three Federal Agencies, along with the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), primarily responsible for regulating biotechnology in the USA.
Agriculture and Food
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: November 10, 2013 at 7:05:09 UTC -