become an editor
the entire directory
only in Biophysics/Research_Groups_and_Centers
Research Groups and Centers
Science: Biology: Research Groups and Centers
This category in other languages:
Biophysics and Biophysical Chemistry at JHU
- Department at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine. Lists faculty, research interests, graduate programs, and contact information.
Biophysics of Functional Systems
- Part of the Physics Department of the University of Modena and Reggio Emilia. The main emphasis is on functional properties of biomolecules and cells.
Biophysics Research Group
- Department at the Gesellschaft fur Schwerionenforschung. Research includes cellular, chromosomal and DNA damage induction by heavy ions.
- Laboratory of Carlos Bustamante at UC-Berkeley. Research focuses on the dynamics, structure, and kinetics of molecular motors and nucleo-protein assemblies.
Center for Biophysics and Computational Biology
- A group of research facilities and educational institutes at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
- The Department of Biophysical, Medical, and Odontostomatological Sciences and Technologies at the University of Genova in Italy.
FSU Institute of Molecular Biophysics
- Contains information on the Structural Biology Research Emphasis, Center of Excellence, Biomolecular Computer Modeling, and Ph.D. Program at Florida State University.
- At the University of Calififornia, San Francisco, Professor John D. Gross is leading investigations into the control of eukaryotic gene expression at the level of mRNA metabolism.
- Aims to educate and train individuals to apply the concepts and methods of the physical sciences to the solution of biological problems.
The Imperial College: Membrane Biophysics
- Research is focused on applying physical chemistry techniques and instrumentation to gain a novel insight into biological and bio-physical properties of natural and model membranes.
Institute for Medical Physics and Biophysics
- Located at the University of Leipzig. Includes research, publications, scientific events, teaching and history.
Institute of Biochemistry and Biophysics
- Trains students at the graduate level and focuses on research and development in biochemistry, biophysics, and related specialized fields. Located at Tehran University in Iran.
Institute of Biophysics
- Part of the University of Hannover in Germany. Their research is focused on structural biology, environmental biophysics and plant membrane proteins.
Institute of Biophysics at BAS
- The Bulgarian Academy of Sciences studies molecular structure, functions of biological membranes, ion channels, biopotentials, and extracellular electric fields.
International Union of Medical and Applied Bioelectrography
- Provides information on the research being undertaken at IUMAB. Russian and English.
Istituto di Biofisica
- Part of the San Cataldo Research Area in Ghezzano, Pisa, Italy.
- Neuronal computation group at Caltech uses detailed biophysics and microanatomy of cortical neurons to study their complexity from an information theory point of view.
Lab of Tsvi Tlusty: Weizmann Institute of Science
- The lab focuses on computational modeling of biological systems, especially molecular coding systems. In addition, lab members study living neural networks, microfluidics, protein networks, molecular evolution and hydrodynamics.
Laboratory for Fluorescence Dynamics
- A NIH research resource center for biomedical fluorescence spectroscopy at the University of California, Irvine.
Laboratory of Molecular Biophysics
- University of Oxford group describes the structures of complex biological macromolecules and macromolecular assemblies in order to interpret fundamental biological function.
Living State Physics Group
- SQUID magnetometry, cardiac electrodynamics, cellular biophysics, and biomagnetic measurements research at Vanderbilt University.
- Research at the Biotechnology Center, TU Dresden, is focused on applying single molecule techniques to learn more about the mechanical aspects of protein-protein interactions.
Oak Ridge National Laboratory: Center for Molecular Biophysics
- Performs research at the interface of biological, environmental, physical, computational and neutron sciences. Includes details of the research, people and publications.
Sackmann E22 Laboratory
- The Technical University Munich's Institute of Biophysics lab researches the organization of artificial and biological membranes and the biofunctionalization of solids. In German and English.
Theoretical Biophysics Group
- Located at the Beckman Institute of the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. Research is centered on the function and structure of supramolecular cell systems.
University of Athens Biophysics Laboratory
- Lab provides Web-based protein analysis tools along with general information.
Research Groups and Centers
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: April 22, 2016 at 4:24:10 UTC -