become an editor
the entire directory
only in Software/Software_Development
Open Directory - Science: Biology: Bioinformatics: Software: Software Development
Computers: Open Source
- The Bioperl Project is an international association of developers of open source Perl tools for bioinformatics, genomics and life science research. The Bioperl server provides an online resource for modules, scripts, and web links.
- A hierarchical database system for displaying genomic data (originally C. elegans), suitable also for displaying other scientific data.
Bielefeld University Bioinformatics Server
- BiBiServ supports Internet-based collaborative research, software development and distance education in bioinformatics.
- The BioJava Project is an open-source project dedicated to providing Java tools for processing biological data.
- The Bioconductor project produces an open source software framework that will assist biologists and statisticians working in bioinformatics, with primary emphasis on inference using DNA microarrays, built mostly using R.
- An open source project to develop PHP code and scripts for biocomputing. A wiki-like service allows collaboration between developers.
- The Biopython Project is an international association of developers of freely available Python tools for computational molecular biology.
- Tools that searches multiple biomedical databases from your desktop.
- BioRuby project aims to implement an integrated environment for Bioinformatics with Ruby language.
The BioSharp Project
- BioSharp is an open-source project to provide a framework for processing biological data using C# and other .net languages.
BioWarehouse Database Integration System
- Integrates multiple public bioinformatics databases into a single relational database system within a common bioinformatics schema.
- Bioinformatics Company focused on the development of data mining products, databases, visualization and analysis tools.
Cell Electrophysiology Simulation Environment (CESE)
- A framework to perform electrophysiological simulations. Useful for simulations of action potentials, individual ionic currents, and changes in ionic concentrations.
The Darwin Manual
- Guide to running this programming language. Library contains programs to compute pairwise alignments, phylogenetic trees, multiple sequence alignments, and to make secondary structure predictions.
- Web design, computer sales, and custom programming, including bioinformatics.
- A general-purpose object-oriented data warehouse system developed as part of the FlyMine project and made available as stand-alone open-source software.
- Software development for structural bioinformatics. Runs on Unix, Windows and MacOSX.
NCICB Core Infrastructure
- The National Cancer Institute's Center for Bioinformatics produces the caCORE infrastructure, an open-source enterprise architecture for cancer informatics.
- An open source library of Java bioinformatics algorithms. The current version consists mainly of sequence alignment algorithms such as Needleman- Wunsch and Smith-Waterman.
- Predict metabolic pathways from genomes and graphically depict pathways. Visualize gene expression data on a metabolic pathway map. Generate a metabolic wall chart. Includes a genome browser and support for transcriptional regulatory networks.
- Given an abstract definition of a program's parameters, PISE can generate various types of interface from the configuration module.
- A set of software tools that filter, format, and merge data in tabular or common biological formats. Organized as a classified collection of Perl one-liners.
- Extendable parallel system for automatic genome analysis. Software for analysing all potential genes in a defined genome region. Given two marker names, can output reports of genomic features between them. Features for converting between naming systems, sequence retrieval, E-PCR, gene prediction, similarity search, protein pattern search, and report formatting. Written in Java.
The Systems Biology Markup Language
- Information on the SBML project which helps develop a variety of software packages for SBML, a computer-readable format for representing models of biochemical reaction networks in software.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Sunday, November 10, 2013 7:05:09 AM EST -