become an editor
the entire directory
only in Bioinformatics/Research_Groups_and_Centers
Research Groups and Centers
Science: Biology: Bioinformatics: Education: Courses
Science: Biology: Genetics: Research Groups and Centers
Science: Biology: Research Groups and Centers
This category in other languages:
Artificial Intelligence Research Laboratory at Iowa State University
- Development of data-driven knowledge acquisition in computational molecular biology from diverse, distributed, biological data sets with applications in genetic network inference and macromolecular structure-function characterization.
- Rural research center in South Africa funded by the Wellcome Trust providing bioinformatics research and software.
Biochemical Networks Modeling Group
- The Mendes research group at the Virginia Bioinformatics Institute
- Home of the Bioinformatics Group at the Faculty of Science, Zagreb, Croatia. Research include: codon usage analysis (INCA software package), and microarray data processing in context of metabolic pathway networks (MADNet).
Bioinformatics and Computational Biosciences Unit
- Home page for Georgetown University bioinformatics group.
Bioinformatics and Evolutionary Genomics at Ghent University, Belgium
- Group in the Department of Plant Systems Biology. Working on functional, structural, and comparative genomics.
BioInformatics Centre - Singapore
- BIC hosts Bio-Resources including BioAgent, BioPortal, APBioNET, BioJournals, BioFTP Sites, BioSoftware, Biotech Directories, BioNet News/Archives, Bio Databases, Bio Catalogs, E-Mail Servers, Virtual Lib, Web Search, Patent Search
Bioinformatics Centre, IMTECH, Chandigarh, India
- A bioinformatics research centre with interests such as protein structure prediction and biocomputing. Provides useful software including some they have developed.
Bioinformatics Computational Core Laboratories
- Research at BCCL at Virginia Commonwealth University is focused on the Cryptosporidium hominis genome sequencing project.
The Bioinformatics Group at the Paterson Institute, Manchester, UK
- A research group focusing on the analysis of high throughput bioinformatics data. Producers of bioconductor packages and databases for microarray analysis and quality control.
BioInformatics Institute of A*STAR, Singapore
- An independent organization affiliated to the National University of Singapore. Research is focused on theoretical approaches aimed at understanding biomolecular mechanisms, the development of computational methods and the experimental verification of predicted structures.
Bioinformatics Unit at University of Manchester
- Provides links both to projects and the people involved, comparative dot plots of whole genomes and chromosomal fragments, a browsable ontology of bioinformatics, Comparative interaction tables, 3D visualisation of the yeast protein clusters in the INTERACT database, EMBL-SCALAR, Search at SWISSPROT using Conceptual BLAST.
Brutlag Bioinformatics Group
- Homepage of a group at Stanford University who are interested in the problems of predicting biological function and structure from primary sequence. Developers of EMOTIF, EMATRIX, and 3MOTIF.
Center of Excellence in Bioinformatics, University of New York at Buffalo
- Bioinformatics research center with over 100 scientists with biological, physical and computational expertise engaged in interdisciplinary research.
Center Systems Biology: University of Stuttgart
- Provides details of the Center, research, seminars, the central imaging project, partnerships, events and links.
Central Plantation Crops Research Institute
- Library and Bioinformatics Centre, with databases on the biotechnological aspects of coconut, cocoa and arecanut. Provides career opportunities, staff profiles and mission statement.
The Centre for Bioinformation Science at The Australian National University
- Brings together researchers with backgrounds in mathematics, statistics and quantitative biology with the goal of developing a conceptual architecture for an information-based, integrative approach to complex biological systems.
The Centre for Integrative Bioinformatics Vrije University Amsterdam
- The IBIVU hosts biostatistics, computer science, genomics, molecular cell physiology and core bioinformatics groups for research and education. Teaching includes an international 2-year bioinformatics master course.
Computational Biology and Bioinformatics
- Group at Charité Berlin developing algorithms and applications in the field of gene ontology, phenotypic analysis, machine learning and modeling of biological networks, using the tools of linear algebra and graph theory.
Computational Biology Center at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center
- Bioinformatics and computational biology research.
Computational Biology Research Center
- Computational Biology Research Center at the National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology. The focus is on bioinformatics in terms of information theory independent from experimental-biology projects.
Computational Functional Genomics Laboratory
- The Computational Functional Genomics Lab at the Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute.
Computational Genetics Laboratory
- Develops and applies computational and statistical methods to detecting and characterizing genetic, genomic, and proteomic biomarkers of common human diseases.
Computational Molecular Biology Training Group
- Integrative graduate education and research training (IGERT) Computational Molecular Biology at Iowa State University. Major thrusts include bioinformatics, genomics, genome evolution, and macromolecular Structure and function studies.
Computational Structural Biology - Prof. Amedeo Caflisch Research Group
- Developing of computational methodologies and software tools for the study of protein folding, misfolding and aggregation as well as structure-based drug design.
CVS and CIR Bioinformatics
- Based in the Queen's Medical Research Institute (QMRI) at the University of Edinburgh in Scotland. Bioinformatics support and research within the cardiovascular and inflammation medical research centres.
- Provides information on research, led by Dr Valentin Dinu at Arizona State University, into the assessment, improvement and development of computational approaches, software applications and databases.
DISCO Research Group
- Computational Biology and Natural Computing.
Discovery Informatics and Computing Group
- Bioinformatics group led by Prof. Jake Chen at the Indiana University School of Informatics, IUPUI campus.
- Homepage of the Laboratory of Bioinformatics and Protein Engineering. Provides free access to a number of bioinformatic servers and databases and information about the interdisciplinary group headed by Janusz Bujnicki.
Genome Analysis and System Modeling Group of the Life Sciences Division of Oak Ridge National Laboratory
- The mission of this organization is to address fundamental questions in the life sciences and provide information and analytical resources to the wider biology research community.
- Worldwide volunteer computing teams harnessing institutional and individual resources to contribute to basic science research. Early projects include protein folding and the search for gravitational waves from deep space.
- Research in the field of bioinformatics, using computation to analyze genome sequences, expression datasets and macromolecular structures.
Helix Bioinformatics Group
- This is a research group within the Stanford Medical Informatics laboratory directed by Russ Altman, MD, PhD. We focus on the application of computational techniques to problems in molecular biology. We are particularly interested in (1) knowledge-based systems for supporting scientific computation (2) the representation and manipulation of structural uncertainty, (3) and the development of novel representations of structure that are useful for computing.
Institute of Molecular Bioscience
- The Institute for Molecular Bioscience is the centrepiece of a research complex being developed by the University of Queensland in partnership with Australia's CSIRO and other research agencies. Research focus is on animal, biomedical and pharmaceutical research and it has a major division of genomics and bioinformatics.
Lab for Biocomputing and Informatics at Boston University
- Focuses on development of algorithms and software tools for the detection and analysis of novel patterns and repeats in DNA and RNA sequences.
Lawrence H. Baker Center for Bioinformatics and Biological Statistics
- Bioinformatics faculty, research, training, and resources at Iowa State University.
Linnaeus Centre for Bioinformatics
- At Uppsala, Sweden. Research areas include algorithms and databases, genome studies, expression and function, and structure and design. Runs courses and seminars.
Molecular Information Theory
- Home page of the Molecular Information Theory group at the Center for Cancer Research Nanobiology Program, NIH.
Mount Sinai School of Medicine: Bioinformatics Laboratory
- Provides an overview of the laboratory and details of publications, research projects and the research team.
Purdue University: Kihara Bioinformatics Laboratory
- Provides information on the areas of research, projects, people and publications.
Research Institute of Molecular Pathology: IMBA Bioinformatics Group
- Offers inter-disciplinary expertise in biocomputing and information technology including sequence analysis and large scale datasets.
Roslin Institute Bioinformatics
- Offers database lists, laws, and tool download, from Roslin Institute.
South African National Bioinformatics Institute
- SANBI aims to bring genome information, computational biology, and analytical tools to the South African research community. Overview of projects, training and resources in Bellville.
St. Petersburg State Polytechnical University: Department of Computational Biology
- General departmental information, publications, awards and staff. Also include an overview of the systems biology, data acquisition and development of software to assist research.
Structural Bioinformatics Group
- Structural Bioinformatics Group at Quilmes National University in Argentina.
Structural Bioinformatics Lab at Boston University
- The homepage for the Structural Bioinformatics Lab at Boston University under Dr. Sandor Vajda.
Supercomputing Facility for Bioinformatics and Computational Biology
- This facility at the Indian Institute of Technology aims to establish a nodal facility for supercomputing and develop novel scientific methods and new software for genome analysis.
Theoretical and Computational Biology Group
- The Theoretical and computational biology group at the MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology in Cambridge is headed by Cyrus Chothia. The group has a strong interest in genome analysis and protein structure.
UC Santa Cruz: Bioinformatics, Applied Mathematics and Biostatistics
- Interests include assembling the human genome, protein structure prediction, stochastic context-free grammars for RNA alignment.
- Main web site for the UCLA Bioinformatics program.
USCS Genome Bioinformatics
- Provides genome browser, gene sorter, blat search function, and publications.
Vancouver Bioinformatics User Group
- Association of researchers and students in British Columbia who have an interest in the field of bioinformatics. Meeting and contact information provided.
Virginia Bioinformatics Institute
- Commonwealth of Virginia shared resource. Based at Virginia Tech.
Wold Lab: Bioinformatics
- The Wold Lab at the California Institute of Technology is interested in the composition, evolution and function of regulatory networks that govern how mammalian cell fates are specified and executed during development and during regeneration.
Research Groups and Centers
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: October 8, 2015 at 4:54:06 UTC -