become an editor
the entire directory
only in Online_Services/Homology_Detection
Open Directory - Science: Biology: Bioinformatics: Online Services: Homology Detection
DNA structural software
- Suite of alignment tools to detect conserved sequences, similar domain architecture, gene expression profiles, and SNP using protein or nucleotide targets. Includes support and archiving of strategies at NCBI, Bethesda, Maryland.
- Formatting of multiple sequence alignments to a color postscript file. Can include graphical features by using PDB entry.
- Access to Smith-Waterman-based FDF sequence comparison program, with excellent explanation of when to use it vs. BLAST - from the Univ. of Lausanne, FR.
Interactive Blast Query
- Utility for online manipulation of Blast results. Results organized in a table format.
Sequence Alignment and Modeling System
- Implementation of hidden Markov models for sequence analysis. Free UNIX software for nonprofit groups, and sequences can be submitted online.
The ISREC Group Servers
- Detection and assessment of similarity between distantly related sequences by means of a variety of remotely-executable software - from the Swiss Inst. for Experimental Cancer Research.
- Sensitive, selective, and rapid sequence database searching with gapped alignments - from Washington Univ.-St.Louis.
mreps : maximal tandem repeats search
- Open source tool for identifying serial repeats (tandem repeats) in DNA sequences.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Friday, August 13, 2010 12:35:08 PM EDT -