become an editor
the entire directory
only in Biochemistry_and_Molecular_Biology/Metabolism
Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
ExPASy - Biochemical Pathways
- Digitized version of wall charts courtesy Boehringer Mannheim et al, divided into Metabolic Pathways and Cellular and Molecular Processes, maintained by the Swiss Institute of Bioinformatics, Geneva, Switzerland.
Atomic Reconstruction of Metabolism
- Database of metabolite structures and related enzyme reactions. Requires Java.
BioCarta: Signaling Pathways
- Research-oriented biotech company; website offers illustrations and charts of pathways in metabolism, signal transduction, and immunology.
Cytochrome P450 Reductase
- Overview of the biology, enzymology, and structure of cytochrome P450 reductase, an unusual electron transfer flavoprotein.
- Database that describes the genome and the biochemical machinery of E. coli, maintained by SRI International, Menlo Park, CA.
General Overview of the Major Metabolic Pathways
- A survey of human metabolism, written for undergraduates in the Health Sciences from a chemist's point of view. Includes profile of author at University of Oporto, Portugal.
Golm Metabolome Database
- Open access reference library of GC-MS spectra for metabolite profiling experiments.
Laboratory Research Projects
- Studies on squalene monooxygenase dependent cholesterol biosynthesis, and the role of cytochrome P450 reductase as the electron transfer partner, by Todd D. Porter's group at the College of Pharmacy, Lexington, Kentucky.
Madison Metabolomics Consortium Database
- MMCD is a multi-purpose biochem-informatics database with a strong focus on qualitative and quantitative analysis of metabolite mixtures.
Metabolism Course Notes
- Text and illustrations on human metabolism. Covers pathways, hormonal regulation, and some discussion of medical correlations such as diabetes and favism.
- Non-profit organization dedicated to the study of plant anatomy and physiology, established by Dr. Jim Bidlack, Edmond, Oklahoma.
- Details of membership, sponsor links and news of the second meeting, for six days in Boston, Massachusetts.
- A company that intends to use metabolic profiling ('metabolomics') for the discovery and development of drugs and diagnostic markers.
National Centre for Plant and Microbial Metabolomics
- Projects and protocols, including NMR database development within the Crop Performance and Improvement Division at Rothamsted Research, Harpenden, England.
Proteolysis for Fun and Profit
- Protein degradation resource.
Ruiz, Felix A.
- Interests in the roles of polyphosphate in human cells and tissues, with citation linking to NLM, by assistant professor at University of Cadiz, Spain.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: April 3, 2014 at 3:35:04 UTC -