become an editor
the entire directory
only in Gene_Expression/RNA_Interference
Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
Products and Services
Article on RNAi by GNN
- Online article describing gene silencing mechanism and how RNAi can be used for HIV treatment.
Article on RNAi by HOPES
- Online article describes basic mechanism of RNAi and how it can be applied for Huntington's disease treatment.
Article on siRNA from Wikipedia
- Describes small interfering RNA (siRNA) function, structure, use in research, and potential application for therapy.
Cambridge Healthtech Institute
- CHI organizes RNAi-related conferences throughout the US and Europe, including therapeutics, pharmaceutics, drug development, target discovery, and biodefense. Provides biotechnology news and conferences information.
- Provides tools for researchers interested in studying gene expression of these organisms. Includes keyword search of genes and homologs, and a literature scan.
DBTGR - Database of Tunicate Gene Regulation
- Gene expression database of tunicates. Provides the descriptions of 12 transcription factors and 140 promoters.
Discovery on Target
- Annual RNAi meeting hosted by Cambridge Healthcare Institute in Boston, Massachusetts. Online meeting information is available: plenary sessions, exhibits, and poster presentations.
Drosophila RNAi Resource
- Informational RNAi resource on studying drosophila genes and their roles in development by Society for Developmental Biology.
Gene Silencing Mechanism
- Animation of post transcriptional gene silencing or RNA Interference (RNAi) by Nature Reviews Genetics.
Journal of RNAi and Gene Silencing
- Publishes peer-reviewed articles addressing the biology and application of RNA interference and gene silencing. Includes information about journal aims and scope, publication policies, and manuscript submission. Provides online access to journal articles.
Mechanisms of post-transcriptional gene regulation in mammalian cells
- Description of RNA Interference (RNAi) mechanism, post-transcriptional gene regulation, and RNAi experiments by Tuschl Lab at Rockefeller University.
- Online review of microRNA application for leukemia and lung cancer therapeutics by Dr. Dmitri Ovcharenko.
- Collection of published miRNAs from the microRNA registry and predict putative miRNA precursors based on genome-wide mapping of conserved RNA secondary structures.
The MIT/ICBP siRNA Database
- Online resource for researchers looking for experimentally validated siRNAs and shRNAs against target genes, with a focus on genes thought to be involved in cancer.
Nature web focus: RNAi
- Online review of RNA Interference biological phenomena. Includes citations of recent research publications, RNAi animations, and science news articles.
Nuclear Receptor Signaling Atlas
- Informational portal for researchers interested in nuclear receptor signaling.
- Oligonucleotide design software for applications such as RNAi, DNA methylation, antisense, and genome arrays.
- Interactive online resource from Howard Hughes Medical Institute. Presents RNAi mechanism and overview of key scientific findings.
RNA Interference at Journal Nature
- Focus RNA Interference - online resource publishing recent advances in RNAi field, and novel applications in Nature Cell Biology and Nature Reviews.
The RNAi Cure?
- A NOVA ScienceNOW science program by PBS feature the possible applications for RNAi therapy. Provides animations of key biological processes and mechanism of RNA Interference.
- Web resource from BioMed Central. Provides RNA Interference (RNAi) research highlights, journal links, news, and meeting information.
RNAi Mechanism Animation by Journal Nature
- An animation from Nature Publishing Group on the mechanism of RNA Interference (RNAi).
- Online resource for scientists, researchers, technologists, and executives engaged in RNA Interference, functional genomics, and drug discovery. Offers industry news, product reviews, and meetings information.
RNAi Resource at Ambion
- Online RNA Interference (RNAi) resource. Provide scientific and technical support, information on microRNA and small interfering RNA application in gene expression research.
RNAi Resource at Macalester College
- Informational resource, including RNAi mechanism, overview of current studies, and related research protocols.
RNAi Transfection Resource
- Review of transfection techniques such as electroporation, denrimers and lipids that are used for transfection of DNA, RNA, and siRNA. Includes information on optimized cell type specific transfection systems.
The RNAi Web
- Online resource for RNA Interference (RNAi) technology. Offers overview of technology, references, and links on other RNAi-related web resources.
- Directory on gene silencing by RNA interference (RNAi) literature and resources.
- Israel-based microRNA genomics company, develops bioinformatic tools for miRNA gene detection approach.
- Portal about genome-wide applications of RNAi by Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory.
- Online software provided by the Whitehead Institute for prediction of microRNA targets. Provides research data and online software for microRNA target identification and analysis.
Technology Networks: Gene Silencing
- Online resource offering information RNA interference and related issues: news, interviews, articles, techniques.
Transcriptional Gene Silencing
- Mechanisms of TGS by Kevin Morris laboratory. Includes description of HIV research performed using lentiviral vector gene therapy and RNAi mediated gene silencing.
A TV Show on RNAi by PBS
- NOVA scienceNOW TV program describes RNAi as a major breakthrough in gene therapy with enormous medical promise. Provides basic overview of RNAi technology, current therapeutic approaches, and interview with the experts in the field. Includes 15-minutes TV broadcast segment on RNAi.
Wikipedia Article on RNAi
- Online article describing the basics of RNA Interference (RNAi) mechanism.
Fourth Annual Meeting of the Oligonucleotide Therapeutics Society
- Yearly conference organized by New York Academy of Sciences. Includes information about conference registration, preliminary program, and abstract submission. (October 01, 2008)
Navigating Journey of Genome to Medicine
- Review article on RNAi by New York Times. Provides an overview on RNA Interference discovery, current research efforts, and therapeutic potential. (June 23, 2005)
MicroRNA in Cancer
- Review of microRNA role in cancer by Nature journal. Provides full-length research papers and reviews. (June 09, 2005)
RNAi Therapeutics: How Likely, How Soon?
- Review article from PLoS Biology journal. Describes mechanism of RNA Interference, potential applications towards therapeutics, and current problems associated with delivery. (January 20, 2004)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: November 21, 2014 at 9:35:06 UTC -