the entire directory
only in Biochemistry_and_Molecular_Biology/Gene_Expression
Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
Products and Services
Polymerase Chain Reaction
Science: Biology: Cell Biology: Cell Cycle
Science: Biology: Developmental Biology
Science: Biology: Genetics: Genomics
6th International Summer School "Biocomplexity from System to Gene"
- Summaries and reports from a summer school in Istambul, Turkey.
Anatomy of a Comparative Gene Expression Study
- Description of the process of comparing the gene expression in two cell populations or tissue samples by fluorescent microarray technique.
Article on Gene Expression by Nature journal
- Educational article describe the concepts of gene expression and molecular regulation. Provides academic review on topic of gene expression, blog for discussion, and links to other resources by Nature journal.
Computer Simulation of Molecular Biology Experiments
- Computer simulation of PCR amplification, AFLP-PCR and restriction digest of complete bacterial genomes.
Control of Gene Expression
- A collection of diagrams illustrating the fundamentals of molecular biology.
Eukaryotic Gene Expression Problem Set
- Multiple choice questions about post-transcriptional modification of RNA, promoters, and nuclear RNA processing. From: University of Arizona, USA 1997.
Frontiers in Genetics
- The National Centre of Competence in Research (NCCR) Frontiers in Genetics is a network of 250 scientists from universities and institutes in Switzerland and part of a program created by the Swiss National Science Foundation.
- Independent forum for discussion of gene expression.
Gene Expression: Transcription
- Resource for transcription events during gene formation including schematic diagrams.
- Bioinformatics genomic analysis software platform developed by Broad Institute. Provides tools for gene expression analysis, proteomics, and common data processing tasks. Offers online tutorials and support information.
Genes & Expression resource from NCBI
- Gene expression research article collection, databases and bioinformatics software provided by National Center for Biotechnology Information. Provide technical guides for life sciences researchers.
- Reagents for transfection, gene expression, gene silencing, RNA interference, primary cell culture and sample preparation in proteomics research.
- Report on a project to analyze the transcriptional regulatory circuitry of the yeast cell. From the Young Lab at the Whitehead Institute for Biomedical Research, MIT, Cambridge, Mass., USA.
Genomes to Life
- The US Department of Energy at Oak Ridge program for research in moleular biology: goals and results.
- Bioinformatic Tool to adapt Codon Usage to sequenced prokaryotes and eukaryotes, from the Technical University of Braunschweig, Germany.
Laboratory of Intelligent Systems
- Project at the Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL) creating electronic models of the evolution of gene expression, neural development and similar evolution processes.
- Basic principles and experimental methods of molecular genetics, maintained at Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, USA.
Regulation of Gene Expression
- Overview of different aspects of gene expression, including transcription, chromatin modification, and analysis of whole genomes, from Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, Mass, USA.
- Information and news related to reporter genes, that are used to monitor activation of genes and groups of genes. The community reviews trends in reporter genes development from peer-reviewed research.
Serial Analysis of Gene Expression
- Explanation of SAGE, a method for analysis of gene expression patterns.
Taq DNA Polymerase
- Product presentation from ShineGene Molecular Biotec Inc, Shanghai.
Teacher Guide: Gene Expression. By Ann Brokaw.
- Educational guide for teachers covering topics of gene expression, RNA structure and function, transcription, RNA processing, translation, and post-translational events. Provide educational and research materials, as well as links to the lectures. [PDF]
Wikipedia: Expressed Sequence Tag
- Article explaining EST; short sub-sequences of genes, used in mRNA sequencing and in construction of DNA microarrays.
Wikipedia: Gene Expression
- Article with overview, and linking to definitions of topics of current interest to the public.
Wikipedia: Genetic Code
- Article on the relationship between the nucleic acid base sequence and the corresponding polypeptide amino acid sequence.
- Article on the group of genes in primitive organisms that are controlled by one operator and one promoter to be activated together.
- Article on the sequence located upstream of a gene that enables its translation.
Wikipedia: RNA Splicing
- Article on the process and pathways catalyzed by the spliceosome, in the cell nucleus of eukaryotic cells prior to translation.
Wikipedia: Shine-Dalgarno Sequence
- Article on signals that initiate protein synthesis in bacteria.
Wikipedia: Signal Peptide
- Article on the short sequences that direct the post-translational transport of proteins after synthesis.
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: June 29, 2014 at 22:24:08 UTC -