become an editor
the entire directory
only in Proteins_and_Enzymes/Structure
Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
Proteins and Enzymes
Open Directory - Science: Biology: Biochemistry and Molecular Biology: Biomolecules: Proteins and Enzymes: Structure
Atlas of Protein Side-Chain Interactions
- Modeling the packing of all 20 amino acid side-chains with one-another and with DNA - from Birkbeck and University Colleges, London.
- An attempt to classify all proteins to create a unified biological knowledge resource with emphasis on protein and DNA characterization and classification.
- Mycobacterium tuberculosis database with information on DNA sequence, map position, structure, and function of proteins. Includes references to a scientific articles.
Chicken Egg White Lysozyme
- Enzymatic activity, sequence, crystallization, 3D structure and links to publications on this enzyme.
Chromatin Structure and Function
- Information regarding histones, histone modifications and their biological roles, and related links.
- Several protein databases including TIMBAL, HOMSTRAD, CREDO, ESST and BIPA including references, maintained by the Department of Biochemistry, University of Cambridge, UK.
Histone Sequence Database
- Compendium of histone protein sequence alignments, including postranslational modifications and proteins containing the histone fold, at the National Human Genome Research Institute, Bethesda, MD.
Hydrogen Exchange Mass Spectrometry
- Analysis of proteins and protein dynamics with hydrogen exchange and mass spectrometry from Corrales, NM.
- A resource on protein kinases, a key class of regulatory proteins. Includes genomic and evolutionary analyses, classification, disease associations and an extensive database of protein kinase genes.
Macromolecular Structure Database
- Resource for the deposition and validation of newly proposed structures, maintained by research group, within the European Bioinformatics Institute, Hinxton, UK.
- N-glycosylation site prediction in human proteins using artificial neural networks that examine the sequence context of Asn-Xaa-Ser/Thr sequons, from Center for Biological Sequence Analysis, Technical University of Denmark.
NetOGlyc 3.1 Server
- Produces neural network predictions of mucin type GalNAc O-glycosylation sites in mammalian glycoproteins. Maintained at the Center for Biological Sequence Analysis, Technical University of Denmark.
NIGMS: Protein Structure Initiative
- PSI is a federal, university, and industry effort aiming to reduce the costs and time taken to determine a 3D topology. Includes details of funding and featured publications from Bethesda, Maryland.
NIGMS: The Structures of Life
- Introduction to structural biology, its relationship to health, disease and developing new medications. Maintained by the National Institute of General Medical Sciences, Bethesda, Maryland.
Peptide Peptidomimetic Informatics
- Devoted to the modeling of polypeptide structures, aiming to bridge the gap from organic to biochemistry for undergraduates at the University of Pittsburgh, Bradford, PA.
Principles of Protein Structure
- Archive of online course, with discussion lists, and summary of lecture notes from 1996 at Birkbeck, University of London, UK.
Protein Data Bank
- PDB provides a text based format for archiving experimentally-determined, three dimensional structures, at the Brookhaven National Laboratory, with list of mirror sites worldwide.
- News and discussion in the area of folding, synthesis, and tertiary topology prediction, run by David Yee from Paramount, California.
Protein Kinase Resource
- Functional and structural information, based on protein sequence, with link to nomenclature for the signaling cascade genes, maintained at the San Diego Supercomputer Center, CA, USA.
Protein Structure Initiative
- Large scale attempt to determine topology, through collaborative internet based effort, maintained by Millennium Information, Inc., Cambridge, MA.
Protein Structure Prediction Center
- Advances and archive of meetings on critical assessment of 3D determination from sequence using alignment tools. Maintained at Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, California.
- Summarizes features of protein families, documentation to capture biological richness through links to home pages of workers in the field from FHCRC, Seattle, WA.
Structural Classification of Proteins
- A key for different proteins based on structural features, with keyword search and PDB data, and an entry viewer for download.
Tyrosine Residues in Different Proteins
- EPR spectrum of a tyrosyl radical provides information about rotational angle of phenoxyl ring. Database compiled to identify the responsible locus, maintained at the University of Essex, Colchester, England.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Sunday, November 10, 2013 7:05:05 AM EST -