become an editor
the entire directory
only in Biomolecules/Proteins_and_Enzymes
Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
Proteins and Enzymes
Products and Services
Science: Biology: Cell Biology: Cell Membrane and Adhesion
Science: Biology: Cell Biology: Cytoskeleton
- Includes the enzyme's history, general information, news, research, links, and FAQ.
ATPases Associated with Cellular Activities (AAA)
- Information and databases on the ubiquitous AAA protein superfamily, essential for cell cycle, vesicular transport, mitochondrial functions, peroxisome assembly, and proteolysis at IMBM, Karl Franzens University, Graz, Austria.
- Resource, including its relationship to immunity, pigmentation, neurochemistry, obesity, mutations resulting in the genotypes of mahogany, zitter, myelin vacuolation and black tremor in rodents. Maintained at DFCI, Boston, MA.
- Comprehensive enzyme information system, searchable by a number of different parameters.
- The CAZy database describes the families of structurally-related catalytic and carbohydrate-binding functional domains of enzymes that degrade, modify or create glycosidic bonds.
The Cyclotide Webpage
- Classification, properties, potential applications and research on polypeptides characterized by their cyclised backbone, with an embedded cystine knot, maintained by the University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia.
- Laboratory to investigate fiber-forming spiders, mussel collagen, nanoproteinfibers, and prions at Munich, Germany.
Graether, Steffen, PhD.
- CV, publication list and introduction to research studying the structure and function of antifreeze proteins. Professor in Molecular and Cellular Biology at the University of Guelph, Ontario.
- Data repository of plant natural antimicrobial peptides.
- Overview with illustrations of their structure, functional role, regulation and control, St. Edward's University, Austin, TX.
Wikipedia: Posttranslational Modification
- Article on chemical modification of polypeptide chains after synthesis.
Wikipedia: Protein Biosynthesis
- Article summarising the process by which the cell converts the DNA sequence to proteins.
Proteins and Enzymes
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: May 29, 2015 at 6:05:04 UTC -