become an editor
the entire directory
only in Nucleic_Acids/RNA
Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
Science: Biology: Cell Biology: Organelles: Ribosome
Center for RNA Molecular Biology
- Lists researchers, graduate programs, employment opportunities and seminars at Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio.
Lang, Professor B. Franz
- Research articles related to mitochondrial RNase P(mtP), secondary structure models of mtP RNA, and links that are subject related.
- Gene compilation aimed at defining typical as well as consensus primary and secondary structural features of mammalian mitochondrial tRNAs. Includes a table of organisms, sequences, and 2D structures.
- MODOMICS is a relational database that integrates information about the chemical structure of modified nucleosides, their localization in RNA sequences, pathways of their biosynthesis and enzymes that carry out the respective reactions.
- Article from Wikipedia on this immature single strand of messenger ribonucleic acid (mRNA) synthesized from a DNA template in the cell nucleus by transcription.
- Aims to collaborate for understanding of the roles of RNA and binding proteins in processes like maturation and catalysis. Includes member login and directions to the Faculty of Medicine at University of Sherbrooke, Montreal. [bilingual]
- Introduction to ribosomal RNA molecules from E. coli, with references and 3D-model for ribosomal structure in research led by Richard Brimacombe, Berlin, Germany.
- Projects on 30S, 50S and antibiotic interactions led by François J. Franceschi at the Max-Planck Institute for Molecular Genetics in Hamburg, Germany.
- Publishes significant original research in all areas of structure and function in eukaryotic, prokaryotic and viral systems. Articles back to 1997, available by subscription to the RNA Society.
The RNA Society
- Facilitate sharing and dissemination of experimental results and emerging concepts in ribonucleic acid research. Includes membership data, news and events, meeting calendar, and related links.
The RNA World Website
- Provides links to a range of subject areas, including databases, tools, software, books and tutorials, and meetings.
Silva: Comprehensive Ribosomal RNA Databases
- The provided databases comprise SSU and LSU sequences of all three domains. Online search and alignment tools are available and the results can be exported in ARB and FASTA format.
- RNA Biochemistry of catalytic RNA, short ribozymes, folding, FRET, fluorescence, atomic force microscopy. Listing publications back to 1993 from the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor.
Wikipedia: Messenger RNA
- Article on the RNA that carries information from DNA to protein synthesis.
Wikipedia: SECIS Element
- Article on the sequence that directs translation of UGA as selenocysteine instead of using it as a stop codon.
Wikipedia: Transfer RNA
- Article on molecules that transport amino acids to their positions on the ribosome during polypeptide synthesis.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: September 25, 2014 at 8:15:05 UTC -