become an editor
the entire directory
only in Nucleic_Acids/DNA
Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
Open Directory - Science: Biology: Biochemistry and Molecular Biology: Biomolecules: Nucleic Acids: DNA
Science: Biology: Genetics
Science: Science in Society: Forensic Science: DNA
Society: Issues: Science and Technology: Biotechnology: Genetics
- Details of anticancer anthracycline intercalated as DNA hexamer, illustrated from 3-D x-ray crystal images by Dr J.P. Miller at UMIST, Manchester, UK.
- Contains user-friendly tools to launch DNA database searches, statistical analyses, and population modeling from a centralized workspace.
DNA Double Helix
- Chime-dependent tutorial which permits image manipulation to help understand the 3-dimensional form of the structure, from John Tweedie and Massey University, New Zealand.
DNA Microbiology Guide
- Provides an introduction to DNA, its chemical structure, biological function, practical applications and research.
- Provides information on the history of DNA, methodologies and sequencing projects.
DNA from the Beginning
- An animated primer on the basics of DNA, genes, and heredity.
DNA: RCSB PDB Molecule of the Month
- Research Collaboratory for Structural Bioinformatics Protein Data Bank entry on DNA. Includes discussion of the properties and structure of DNA.
- Sequence-specific recognition of DNA using high affinity synthetic molecules, for the regulation of gene expression, at California Institute of Technology, Pasadena.
Double helix: 50 years of DNA
- Articles, photos, and interviews from the journal "Nature" presented in celebration of the 50th anniversary of the description of the structure of DNA.
- A database of nucleotide sequences maintained by the US National Center for Biology Information. Includes news, search functions and methods for submitting sequences.
History of Plasmid Research
- Broad range of historical material since 1903, about plasmids and application of circular DNA in molecular biology, with bibliography of early plasmid research compiled William C. Summers, for the American Society for Microbiology.
Obiba: Open Source Software for Biobanks
- The aim of this project is to build an open software infrastructure on which genomic epidemilogy studies can depend and to which they can contribute. It is supported by the P3G consortium.
The National Human Genome Research Institute
- US government site discusses research, grants, health, policy, and ethics of genetics.
- Article on regions in genes that are expressed in mature mRNA and in proteins.
Wikipedia: Noncoding DNA
- Article on the sections of DNA that do not contain codes for polypeptide sequences.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Sunday, May 16, 2010 8:01:27 PM EDT -