become an editor
the entire directory
only in Biomolecules/Carbohydrates_and_Lipids
Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
Carbohydrates and Lipids
Open Directory - Science: Biology: Biochemistry and Molecular Biology: Biomolecules: Carbohydrates and Lipids
Business: Chemicals: Biochemical: Biopolymers
Health: Conditions and Diseases: Nutritional and Metabolic Disorders: Cholesterol and Other Fats
Science: Biology: Cell Biology: Cell Membrane and Adhesion
- Offers an online medical education resource concerning lipid management, dyslipidemia treatment and cardiovascular disease treatment and prevention.
BioChemWeb.org: Carbohydrates and Glycosylation
- Provides an annotated index of major online resources dealing with carbohydrates and glycosylation.
- Detail guidelines about nomenclature of carbohydrates.
Carbohydrates: Chemical Structure
- Educational site describing the structures of sugars, starches, cellulose and other compounds of carbon, hydrogen and oxygen found in living organisms.
- Information on lipids, their history, structure, use and analysis.
Euro Fed Lipid
- European federation for national societies, focused on the science and technology of fats and oils, and improving lipid science and technology in Europe.
Functional Glycomics Gateway
- Collaboration between the Consortium for Functional Glycomics and Nature Publishing Group. Includes glycomics news, resources, and databases of glycan-binding proteins, glycan structures, and glycosyltransferases.
German Society for Fat Science (DGF)
- Promotes interdisciplinary cooperation among those involved in the scientific, medical, technological agricultural and ecological research of fats and oils.
- Article from Wikipedia on the study of the structure, biosynthesis, and biology of saccharides.
- News, views and links for topics in glycoscience, maintained in Japan.
- Research on leukotrienes, and their role as signaling molecules in chronic and degenerative diseases, at the Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden.
Lipid Analysis Unit
- Providing training, literature citations specializing on fatty acids, triacylglycerols, phospholipids, glycolipids, using chromatography, NMR and electrospray mass spectrometry. Offers commercial lipid analysis and contract research through Mylnefield Research Services Ltd, at the SCRI in Dundee, Scotland.
- Provides information on lipids, the major apoproteins and enzymes important to their metabolism, and their physiology.
- Provides educational resources, slide database, video presentations and webcasts for researchers, faculty, and clinicians in atherosclerosis and other lipid disorders from Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX.
Marine Lipids Laboratory
- Laboratory of Comparative Biochemistry, Institute of Marine Biology, Vladivostok, Russia.
Nature: Lipidomics Gateway
- Provides the latest news and research for those interested in lipid biology.
Russian Academy of Science - Carbohydrate Chemistry Lab
- Includes an overview of lab structure, who's who, research interests, publications, and databases.
Carbohydrates and Lipids
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Friday, March 5, 2010 1:16:05 PM EST -