become an editor
the entire directory
only in Stars/Neutron_Stars
Science: Astronomy: Stars: Novae and Supernovae
Science: Physics: Astrophysics
This category in other languages:
Atmospheres of Neutron Stars
- An interactive archive of neutron star atmosphere models, for advanced students and researchers.
Black Holes and Neutron Stars
- This site offers a non-technical discussion about black holes and neutron stars. Topics include what they are, how they form, how we detect them, FAQs and a links page.
Catalogue of Galactic Supernova Remnants (SNRs)
- Listing of over 200 supernova remnants.
A Gravitationally Powered Oscillatory Pulsar Model
- Proposed advanced theory of mainstream pulsars being oscillatory and powered by gravitational contraction, rather than rotary.
Introduction to Neutron Stars
- An accessible introduction to neutron stars that includes details on their life cycles as well as detailed information on neutron star variants such as x-ray and gamma ray bursters.
Introduction to Pulsar Astronomy
- A tutorial on radio pulsars and "The Sounds of Pulsars"
Jodrell Bank Observatory: Pulsar Research
- As one of the research groups of the Jodrell Bank Observatory, we form part of the Department of Physics and Astronomy of the University of Manchester, in the United Kingdom. We have many collaborations with other research groups across the world and, in particular, with the ATNF with whom we are the main partners in the Parkes Multibeam Pulsar Survey
Little Green Men, White Dwarfs or Pulsars?
- A personal account by Jocelyn Bell Burnell on the discovery of pulsars.
- Article from Wikipedia on this remnant that can result from the gravitational collapse of a massive star.
- Overview of what is known about neutron stars, including a discussion of X-ray bursters.
- This site provides a concise definition and description of neutron stars. Suitable for university students.
Neutron Stars and Supernovae
- Brief look at the evidence connecting neutron stars with supernovae.
Neutron Stars and X-ray Binaries
- An accessible summary of neutron stars and X-ray binaries, presented by the Chandra X-ray Observatory. Includes a questions and answers section and a selection of images.
Remnant of Chinese Supernova
- Scientists using NASA's Chandra X-ray Observatory have found new evidence that a pulsar in the constellation of Sagittarius was created when a massive star exploded, witnessed by Chinese astronomers in the year 386 AD.
Summaries of Neutron Star Types
- Includes short summaries on neutron stars, including information on pulsars, neutron degeneracy, pulsar examples, binary pulsars and planets around pulsars. This information links to a useful navigable 'mind map' dealing with concepts in physics.
A Tutorial on Radio Pulsars
- A tutorial from the Australia Telescope National Facility, Parkes, New South Wales
- Amateurfunk, Erde-Mond-Erde, EME, VHF, DX, 144MHz, 50 MHz
Virtual Trips to Black Holes and Neutron Stars Page
- Ever wonder what it would look like to travel to a black hole or neutron star?
Windows to the Universe: Neutron Stars
- A typical neutron star is the size of a small city, but it may have the mass of as many as three suns.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: March 18, 2015 at 11:54:21 UTC -