the entire directory
only in Astronomy/Stars
Novae and Supernovae
Science: Astronomy: Amateur
Science: Astronomy: Amateur: Sky Maps and Atlases
Science: Astronomy: Cosmology
Science: Astronomy: Data Archives: Stellar and Astrometric
Shopping: Recreation: Science and Nature: Astronomy: Space Novelties: Star Names
This category in other languages:
Astrometry Department, U.S Naval Observatory
- The primary purpose of this website is to distribute information related to the positions and motions of the stars and planets, mainly to the Defense community.
Astronomy 162: Stars, Galaxies, and Cosmology
- Entire Astrophysics course online. Very extensive introduction course to stars.
Bright Star Catalogue
- Find data (cross references, positions, proper motions, spectral classes, magnitudes ...) on all stars visible to the naked eye from the BSC, SKY2000, SAO, WDS and GCVS. Stars can be searched by their proper names, Bayer designations, Flamsteed, HR, HD, SAO or FK5 numbers.
The Constellations since 1996
- Binocular and naked eye guide to the constellations, a data table, and mythology.
- Lists the 50 brightest stars visible from Earth, and the 50 closest stars to Earth. Proper names, distances, magnitudes, spectral classification and other data are provided for each star.
Curious about Astronomy: Stars
- Answers a number of questions people have asked, at beginner, intermediate and advanced level.
Dark Stars, Black Holes, Bright Galaxies
- One huge page packed with illustrations, diagrams and photographs portraying some interesting aspects of stars, black holes and galaxies.
The Formation of Binary Stars
- Highly-detailed but brief paper concerning the Classical Fission Hypothesis.
Hawaiian Astronomical Society - Deepsky Atlas
- A listing of the Hawaiian Astronomical Society Deepsky Atlas by constellation.
How Stuff Works: Stars
- Illustrated tutorial about stars, their properties, formation, and death. Includes related links.
Laser Star Astrophysics
- Plasma recombination lasers in rapidly cooled stellar atmospheres.
Magnetohydrodynamics of Stellar Interiors
- Discussion will focus on the nonlinear interactions between turbulent convection, rotation and magnetic fields in the interiors of stars. From 6 September - 17 December, 2004 at the Isaac Newton Institute for Mathematical Sciences, Cambridge, UK. Includes list of workshops and list of participants.
Measuring the Stars
- Article providing information on how to derive properties of stars, based on observation.
Scientific American Explorations: A Parade of New Planets
- Sightings of extrasolar planets are increasing.
Space Telescope Science Institute
- A small Hubble telescope image gallery of Quasars.
SpaceWander Virtual Space Trip!
- Multimedia experience of flying by spaceship through the solar system. Visit each planet. Real space pictures from NASA. In English, French, Italian, Spanish and Russian. Recommended for kids.
Spectra and Spectra Analysis
- A brief overview of what stellar spectra are and how they are used to classify stars.
Star Data Pages
- Provides detailed information about stars: positions, proper motion, radial velocity, magnitudes, spectral class, color index, catalogue references, data about multiple star systems (i.e. orbital elements), and data about variability (min./max. brightness, period, type of variability).
Star Journey @ nationalgeographic.com
- Star Journey. Journey through the stars with National Geographic Online. View the nighttime sky with popular National Geographic Star Chart...
Stargazing - A Handbook for Night Sky Tour Guides
- A guide to give a tour of the summer night sky.
Stars and Galaxies
- Behavior of stars, generation of energy, their origin, and life cycle. Also includes a wide range of interesting pictures of galaxies and related phenomena that can be observed in the universe through telescopes.
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: December 16, 2014 at 6:15:04 UTC -