become an editor
the entire directory
only in Sun/Sun-Earth_Interaction
Science: Environment: Climate Change
Science: Technology: Space: NASA
Mission to Geospace
- Educational site with links, articles, pictures, and movies.
Auroras: Self Guided Tour
- What makes aurora?
Exploration Physics International, Inc.
- Offers commercial space weather forecasting services and products; real-time predictions of solar wind effects. Includes example forecast of the interplanetary magnetic field. Based in Huntsville, Alabama, USA.
Geophysical Institute, UAF
- Auroral forecasts, educational material on aurora and related science, plus areas for other geophysics disciplines (earthquakes, volcanoes, climate, weather, glaciers, and tectonics).
Glossary of Solar-Terrestrial Terms
- Extensive list of terms used in Solar-Terrestrial physics.
The Human Impacts of Solar Storms and Space Weather
- Offers an overview of the effects of Sun interacting with different human activities.
International Solar Terrestrial Physics (ISTP)
- NASA program that studies Sun-Earth interaction with links to an educational component of the program and includes detailed information on a number of satellites and data.
Mission to geospace image gallery
- Image gallery of aurora, sun, sun-earth connection related material, movies, images from space.
NASA's Cosmic and Heliospheric Learning Center -- Sun -- Earth's Magnetosphere
- Brief description of the magnetosphere, news on magnetospheric research.
Natural Radio Lab
- Provides information on radio signals generated within the Earth's magnetosphere by lightning, geomagnetic storms and other natural phenomenon. Includes audio clips.
Naval Research Laboratory Solar Physics Branch
- Offers experiment descriptions and data from a range of solar physics space instruments operated by the U.S. Navy.
Realtime space weather data.
- A maintained list of links to real time data related to space weather and aurora.
- NASA's 20 year plan setting priorities for Sun-Earth Connection research.
SECCHI - Sun Earth Connection Coronal Heliospheric Observatory
- NASA mission to advance the understanding of the three-dimensional structure of the sun's corona.
Solar "Grand Minima" Threat Analysis
- A Grand Minima is a period lasting several decades when the sun is magnetically quiet producing very few sunspots. In the past these periods corresponded to Little Ice Ages. This paper by James A. Marusek1 provides an analysis of this threat. [PDF]
- Provides NASA documents developing strategy for study of solar terrestrial connections.
Solar Storm Threat Analysis
- Paper by James A. Marusek discusses and analyzes the various threats created by great solar storms. [PDF]
Solar Terrestrial Dispatch
- Software and space weather services, self study classes, aurora reports, aurora/space weather discussion forum.
Solar-Terrestrial Physics & Space Weather Group
- Description of solar physics and space weather research from Universidad de Barcelona, Spain.
Solar-Terrestrial Physics Division of the National Geophysical Data Center
- Has available data from the Sun and near-Earth environment. Products and services include databases, images, posters, CD-ROMs and custom products.
Space Environment Center
- Access to the latest space weather data and space weather prediction.
Space science education
- Public outreach, education, and teaching on space physics topics. Includes classroom activities and study guides.
- Current conditions of solar and auroral activity.
- Science news and information about the Sun-Earth environment.
SpaceWx - Advanced Space Weather Products and Services
- Software and data products for real time displays and solar indices.
Stanford Solar Physics Research Group
- Lists the group members and research activities of the group with links to more information.
The Sun and Climate
- Popular science article by Judith Lean and David Rind.
The Sun-Earth connection
- Web based study course at Wilkes University.
- Introduction to solar events, solar wind, and what it means for Earth.
The Sun-Earth Connection
- Resources for the SEC, from the research projects to the educational to the playful.
Today's Space Weather
- Real time data from the sun, solar wind, magnetosphere, ionosphere, and links to predictions and educational pages.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: August 30, 2014 at 10:05:04 UTC -