become an editor
the entire directory
only in Sun/Observatories
Science: Astronomy: Amateur: Solar System Observing: Sun
Science: Astronomy: Observatories
This category in other languages:
The 60-Foot Solar Tower
- The HiDHN project is a network of two sites whose primary purpose is to study the high order oscillations of the sun in the narrow sodium D-line wavelengths. The two sites, Mt. Wilson Observatory, above the city of Pasadena in California and the Crimean Astrophysical Observatory (CrAO)(US mirror site) in the Ukraine, study solar oscillations to develop a model of the internal structure of the sun(HiDHN)
Big Bear Solar Observatory
- The BBSO is operated by the New Jersey Institute of Technology.
Catania Astrophysical Observatory
- General information, meetings, events, and staff.
Cracow Observatory - Solar Radio Emission
- Contains daily data on radio emissions.
Global Oscillation Network Group (GONG)
- Offers science data and project descriptions of a Helioseimology observation network.
High Altitude Observatory Homepage
- High Altitude Observatory (HAO) is dedicated to the study of the Sun and of the response of the Earth's upper atmosphere to the Sun's output.
The Institute for Solar Physics
- Home of the Royal Swedish Academy of Science's 1-m solar telescope. High-resolution images available.
IPS Culgoora Solar Observatory
- The Culgoora Solar Observatory is located 25 km west of the town of Narrabri, in north-west New South Wales. The observatory conducts continuous optical and radio observations of the sun every day of the year.
Kiepenheuer Solar Physics Institute
- Offers overview of research projects by a German institute and solar observations made with their vacuum tower telescope in Tenerife, Spain.
MLSO Analysis Homepage
- Mauna Loa Solar Observatory
The National Solar Observatory
- Science projects, outreach and images from US facilities.
National Solar Observatory
- National Solar Observatory facilities at Kitt Peak
Richard B. Dunn Solar Telescope
- Specializes in solar high resolution imaging and spectroscopy.
The San Fernando Observatory
- Operated by the Department of Physics and Astronomy at California State University, the San Fernando Observatory is a state of the art Solar Observatory and the primary astronomical research tool of the Department of Physics and Astronomy.
Solar Group of RATAN-600
- Part of Russian Special Astrophysical Group located in the Caucasus mountains of Karachaevo-Cherkesia.
The solar telescope THÉMIS
- THÉMIS [Heliographic Telescope for the Study of the Magnetism and Instabilities on the Sun] is a new generation solar telescope built by the INSU/CNRS (France) and the CNR (Italy) agencies. The telescope is installed at the International Observatory of the Canary Islands (Tenerife, Spain) which is operated by the Instituto de Astrofísica de Canarias.
- Operates on behalf of the astronomers at all ten UC campuses and is comprised of extensive technical facilities, a business office, telescope and support facilities at the Lick Observatory on Mt Hamilton and a staff of astronomers.
Wilcox Solar Observatory
- Offers observations for space weather and magnetic field maps.
Yohkoh Public Outreach Project
- Solar educational resources from the Yohkoh X-ray telescope space mission. Includes images, movies, educational resources, and a "tour" of the Sun.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 3, 2015 at 11:15:04 UTC -