become an editor
the entire directory
only in Small_Bodies/Near_Earth_Objects
Near Earth Objects
Society: Future: Catastrophes: Large Near Earth Object Impacts
Society: Issues: Warfare and Conflict: Planetary Defense
Arcetri Near Earth Object Precovery Program (ANEOPP)
- A search for NEO images in existing photographic plate archives. Archives used, procedures, personnel involved, sample images.
Asteroid 1937 UB Hermes
- Efforts on 1937 UB "Hermes", a long-lost Apollo asteroid, rediscovered in 2003, now numbered (69230) Hermes.
- News and information about advance warning of asteroid or cometary impacts.
DLR-Archenhold Near Earth Objects Precovery Survey (DANEOPS)
- A project to search photographic plate archives for images of known NEOs. Procedures used, team members, images and measurements of successful precoveries.
Dynamics of Small Bodies
- Offers essays by a university teacher on near Earth object with unusual orbits, such as 3753 Cruithne, 2002 AA29, hypothetical Earth trojans and quasi-satellites.
- A public program offered by the University of Arizona's Spacewatch Project. Volunteers review images to help find NEOs that the computers miss.
IAU / Near Earth Objects
- Summary of research on near Earth objects, activities of the International Astronomical Union's Working Group on Near Earth Objects (WGNEO).
JPL Near-Earth Object Program
- NASA NEO Program Office at JPL. Overview, press releases, FAQ, 3D orbit viewer. Research information and statistics, including risk calculations for possible collisions with Earth.
National Space Centre: Near Earth Objects
- Virtual exhibition and online activities on the nature of NEOs and the hazard they pose, what efforts are being made to detect NEOs and avert collisions.
NeoDys, Near Earth Objects - Dynamic Site
- Searchable database of near Earth asteroids, risk calculations for possible collisions with Earth, orbit calculation software.
Ondrejov NEO Photometric Program
- Activities at Ondrejov Observatory, Czech Republic, for photometry and astrometry of NEOs. Project news, binary near Earth asteroids, people involved, lists of light curve parameters.
Wikipedia: Near-Earth object
- Encyclopedia article covers collision danger, spacecraft access, efforts to catalog NEOs, classifications, impact hazard scales.
Tricky Science of Predicting Asteroid Collisions
- Christian Science Monitor article examining asteroid collision science. (April 05, 2002)
Near Earth Objects
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 22, 2015 at 13:15:07 UTC -