become an editor
the entire directory
only in Small_Bodies/Near_Earth_Objects
Near Earth Objects
Society: Future: Catastrophes: Large Near Earth Object Impacts
Society: Issues: Warfare and Conflict: Planetary Defense
Arcetri Near Earth Object Precovery Program (ANEOPP)
- A search for NEO images in existing photographic plate archives. Archives used, procedures, personnel involved, sample images.
Asteroid 1937 UB Hermes
- Efforts on 1937 UB "Hermes", a long-lost Apollo asteroid, rediscovered in 2003, now numbered (69230) Hermes.
- News and information about advance warning of asteroid or cometary impacts.
DLR-Archenhold Near Earth Objects Precovery Survey (DANEOPS)
- A project to search photographic plate archives for images of known NEOs. Procedures used, team members, images and measurements of successful precoveries.
Dynamics of Small Bodies
- Offers essays by a university teacher on near Earth object with unusual orbits, such as 3753 Cruithne, 2002 AA29, hypothetical Earth trojans and quasi-satellites.
Earth Satellites for Asteroid Hunters
- Data and software useful for identifying artificial satellites which might be mistaken for unknown near-Earth asteroids.
- A public program offered by the University of Arizona's Spacewatch Project. Volunteers review images to help find NEOs that the computers miss.
IAU / Near Earth Objects
- Summary of research on near Earth objects, activities of the International Astronomical Union's Working Group on Near Earth Objects (WGNEO).
JPL Near-Earth Object Program
- NASA NEO Program Office at JPL. Overview, press releases, FAQ, 3D orbit viewer. Research information and statistics, including risk calculations for possible collisions with Earth.
National Space Centre: Near Earth Objects
- Virtual exhibition and online activities on the nature of NEOs and the hazard they pose, what efforts are being made to detect NEOs and avert collisions.
NeoDys, Near Earth Objects - Dynamic Site
- Searchable database of near Earth asteroids, risk calculations for possible collisions with Earth, orbit calculation software.
Ondrejov NEO Photometric Program
- Activities at Ondrejov Observatory, Czech Republic, for photometry and astrometry of NEOs. Project news, binary near Earth asteroids, people involved, lists of light curve parameters.
Understanding the Distribution of Near Earth Objects.
- Technical paper describing sources and orbital evolution of near Earth objects, and implications for NEO search efforts.
Wikipedia: Near-Earth object
- Encyclopedia article covers collision danger, spacecraft access, efforts to catalog NEOs, classifications, impact hazard scales.
Tricky Science of Predicting Asteroid Collisions
- Christian Science Monitor article examining asteroid collision science. (April 05, 2002)
Near Earth Objects
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: June 5, 2009 at 15:56:56 UTC -